Service Solutions Manager
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
An exciting opportunity is currently available for a Service Solutions Manager to join ABB’s Power Grids Grid Integration business in the UK’s Grids & Power Quality Solutions and Service Solutions local product group based out of Stone. The role will be responsible for Implementing the Service strategy and drive Service growth ensuring projects are executed safely, to programme and delivering on all contractual requirements.
• Drives implementation of the Service strategy as a member of the local management team. Ensures corresponding plans are implemented consistently in the Service organization through collaboration with other businesses/hub
2. Performance Targets
• Drives, implements, reports and monitors performance targets as part of the local unit P&L (financial, productivity, investments, customer satisfaction, operational excellence, H&S)
3. Service Delivery
• Runs the day to day Service business to ensure profitable growth and improvement of Service productivity. Implements agreed delivery and performance standards to ensure consistency in quality and customer satisfaction
4. Customer Approach
• Support sales pipeline to ensure targets are met and long term profitable growth achieved
• Executes the service and delivery sales channel strategy. Implements productized Service offerings and materials for marketing purposes and invests in Service Sales to increase market penetration. Builds sustainable customer relationships to ensure local client growth, satisfaction and retention together with Sales. Supports Sales resources in customer meetings. Drives consistent development of processes and practices based on customer feedback (Net Promoter Score (NPS))
• In line with the sales team strategy manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Serves as escalation point for questions and issues, and collects customer feedback and input
• Bid & Proposal: Ensures proposals are developed and approved to enable negotiations. Oversees quotations to promote optimal outcome. Ensures all status updates and documentation are accurately traced in appropriate systems. Takes local responsibility for the BU mix and maintains the accuracy of data for project pipeline and orders received forecast and competitive feedback
5. Operational Excellence
• Invests in improving the quality of existing Service products and in developing new Service products to expand the portfolio in line with global direction
6. Health, Safety & Integrity
• Enforces a Service safety and integrity culture throughout the Service organization
7. People Leadership and Development
• Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates. Improves service availability, provides training and develops capabilities and competencies.
• HND/ Degree in Electrical Engineering/ equivalent technical knowledge
• Utility and Industrial Service Solutions business experience
• Action Oriented
• Commercial/Financial acumen
• Client focused
• Results Oriented
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Building High Performance Teams
• Power Quality Solutions knowledge and experience
• IOSH Managing Safely or NEBOSH General Certificate
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.