LBU SCM Manager
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Responsible for developing and delivering supply chain objectives (on time delivery, cost savings, systems development, stock values) for the local business in the UK. Development and review of local strategy in line with global BU objectives. Leadership of a team of supply chain expediting and incoming goods personnel across the UK. The key focus of your new role will be to continuously improve your supplier portfolio and to look at strategic opportunities to improve SCM operational initiatives, especially to improve quality and deliver further strategic objectives that will improve your supply chain.
• Develop the strategic Supply Chain priorities for the IAMA business, in particular regarding LCC sourcing, systems implementation, stock value development, headcount development, cost saving targets, supplier performance. Reviewed annually in conjunction with BU targets and in agreeing the annual budget
• Deliver Supply Chain savings to support the local business unit’s EBIT growth targets
• Set up appropriate systems and organisation support mechanisms for the different business types within IAMA UK viz product, systems, service
• Lead key commercial negotiations that suppliers, including terms of payment
• Ensuring compliance with ABB’s Supply Chain strategy – auditing, quality, risk management, etc.
• Developing the team in the UK, ensuring that key skills and competencies are in place to meet the developing needs of the business
• Health, Safety and Environmental performance. Setting the climate to ensure all personnel give this area the correct level of attention. Provide leadership by personally carrying out Inspection Tours
• Working as a key member of LBU Management team in UK and Ireland actively contributing to the development of this team
• Ensure that Supply Chain is highly optimised to support Net Working Capital objectives as defined by Global organisation
• Ensure a strong focus on stock accuracy and will help drive efficiency's throughout the supply chain
• Develop process improvement projects with internal & external customers and suppliers to improve the supply chain and reduce costs and improve service
• Develop and manage planning and materials control systems and procedures in order to optimise the manufacturing process in line with manufacturing strategy and logistics requirements
• Achieve budget targets set within the department
• Establish plan for new key markets and territory growth
• Develop the global end to end supply chain process to support business growth
• Degree in relevant subject (Business/Supply Chain/Engineering)
• Experience of leading a supply chain team and working with/developing
• LCC supply base
• Experience of working in a global organisation and leveraging
• BU/Division/group opportunities
• Senior management training and experience at a strategic level
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.