LBU SCM Manager
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We currently have an open position for an experienced Procurement & Logistics (P&L) manager in Stonehouse (UK) for the Measurement & Analytics business line of the Industrial Automation business (IAMA). The role reports directly to the PMU Operation manager in Stonehouse and functionally to the IAMA P&L manager.
The purpose of the Procurement & Logistics function is to perform sourcing, procurement, transport, trade and logistics, and supplier relationship management to build a network of suppliers for all relevant materials, equipment, services and other required items for project execution, production, and general business activities.
The P&L manager in Stonehouse leads a team of buyers to execute purchasing and logistics strategies that support the business by optimizing costs, quality, and reliability of suppliers and supplied products. Ensure execution in accordance with Company and Procurement & Logistics (PL) instructions and procedures.
ABB is the world leader in Industrial Automation (IA). We deliver integrated solutions for control, plant optimization, and industry-specific application knowledge and services to help process industry customers worldwide meet their critical business needs in the areas of operational profitability, capital productivity, risk management and global responsibility. This is your opportunity to help drive forward our business in a fast-paced environment. Let’s write the future. Together.
- Implements effective sourcing strategies in line with business strategy and Continuous Improvement Process Sourcing (CIPS) strategy defined at IAMA level to ensure that suppliers have the capability and capacity to meet current and future business requirements. Ensures all relevant parties understand strategies and execute processes accordingly. Ensures alignment between local P&L activities and IAMA P&L directives.
- Coordinates local team leveraging IAMA global team support to ensure appropriate supplier selection. Defines and establishes local standard agreements with all major local suppliers. Provides and maintains standard terms in purchase contracts/terms and conditions in line with Group / IAMA directives and guidelines.
- Manages planning and tracking of procurement activities, cost budgets, emerging country spending and savings forecasts. Ensures buyers minimize risk regarding quality and financial exposure by buying in accordance with quality and commercial procedures and in accordance with Group / IAMA guidelines.
- Monitors the P&L processes and activities. Pro-actively works to resolve issues related to procurement cost, quality and delivery. Monitors and reports internal and supplier performance (KPIs), quality issues and development actions. Supports conformance to ABB Procurement & Logistics metrics.
- In accordance with Group P&L guidelines and local Division/Business Unit objectives, implements programs to drive improvement in cost, quality and delivery.
- Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies and Group P&L excellence guidelines (knowledge management, functional training, etc.). Responsible for coordinating P&L talent management and succession planning within assigned area.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering, Production / Operations management, Supply Chain or closely related field
- 8+ years of experience in sourcing, supply chain management
- Proficient with engineering prints and specifications, APQP and PPAP processes
- Ability to work independently and able to comfortably manage multiple ongoing projects, prioritize and adapt in response to changing business needs
- Excellent data analysis abilities and software skills, including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent negotiating and cost management skills; able to manage conflicts and difficult situations
- CIPS and Lean Six Sigma (L6S) certified (> greenbelt) as plus
- Fluent in English, written and oral
- Flexibility to travel up to 30%
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.