Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Purchase materials and services according to required technical specification ensuring most competitive price and optimum delivery. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures.
Main Accountabilities - Responsibilities, Tasks & Interactions:
- Request supplier quotations, coordinating with technical or material management specialists to ensure technical and commercial compliance
- Prepare bid tabulations and select lowest technically and commercially qualified offer
- Raise and issue purchase orders in SAP, according to the purchase requisition and in line with local TOA and operating procedures
- Prepare and implement procurement plans and schedules
- Expedite deliveries to ensure materials are delivered on a timely basis
- Negotiate frame agreements with main suppliers and periodically renew price lists and update terms and conditions
- Identify new suppliers in cooperation with relevant category teams
- Qualify new suppliers in cooperation with Supplier Quality Engineers
- Support bids and proposal teams by providing relevant market information
- Goods receiving, including tracking goods to verify appropriate delivery and ensure invoices are processed in a timely manner
- Oversee supplier performance (on time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolve performance issues
- Knowledge of SAP and Lotus Notes
- English Speaking
- Minimum 2 year’s experience in similar industry
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to react and respond quickly
- Six Sigma Experience
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.