Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The role is to manage the Project Control section and also to provide Project Control skills and expertise working as part of the Projects Department on individual assignments or as part of multi-functional project teams. The person carrying out the role will be expected to manage their own work and also that of others within the Project Control section. The role will have a significant utilisation target and will also be expected to ensure that the utilisation targets of others within the Project Control section are achieved.
• Will be required to give leadership and guidance to other personnel in the Project Control section in the delivery of their work
• Effectively manages multifunctional interfaces – internal and external
• Manages own personal development and that of other members of the Project Control team
• Expertise in all aspects of Project Control, i.e. Estimating, Planning, Progress and Earned Value Measurement, and Cost Control
• Competent in preparing and compiling all grades of Estimates, from Order of Cost Estimates, (+/- 50%), through to Control Estimates, (+/- 5%)
• Competent in the production and presentation of Plans and Schedules, from Level 1 Summary Plans through to Detail Schedules
• Competent in all aspects of Cost Control, including the preparation of Cost Reports including accurate AFC forecasting, Change Control, Contingency Management, etc.
• Ensure that all required risk assessments are created and maintained
• Ensure that all safety events are identified, correctly reported and investigated and that any resulting actions raised are completed in a timely manner
• Complete safety audits, as required by the management audit schedules
• Ensures that own work and work of others is correct and of a high standard
• Develop and maintain Project Control standards
• Manage and participate in quality audits of the Project Control function to ensure compliance
• Ensure that Project Control deliverables on contracts are to the appropriate quality standard
• Lead or engage in company quality improvement initiatives
• Ensure timely close out of any quality learning events, non-conformances and observations
• Interfaces with internal and external customers to fully understand job requirements and communicate proposed solutions
• Manages relationships with internal and external customers at operational level during specification and delivery of the job
• Carry out Contract Management for jobs within own function, including all aspects of invoicing and controlling costs
• Comply with the business contract management procedures
• Contribute to monthly forecasts of the financial revenue and workload, including preparation of the monthly Project Services Forecast for inclusion in the overall ABB Consulting Sales Revenue Forecast
• Provide forecast data to Contract Managers to help them ensure that contracts are delivered on time and within budget
• Identify changes of scope to own contracts and submit design changes to the Project Manager in a timely manner
• Ensure that all Project Control contract documentation is identified, circulated, revised, stored and archived in line with the ABB or contract requirements
• Develop and contribute to quality Proposals that are commercially compliant, address all of the client requirements and present them with compelling reasons for placing an order with ABB Consulting
• Develop estimates that are complete and sufficiently accurate, with provision of contingencies, where required
• Promote and keep abreast of product developments in the Project Control field
• Help develop and maintain marketing materials for the Project Control Function
• Proactively interface with customers at all levels so as to understand their requirements and promote the abilities of the Project Control Function to meet their needs
• Maintain a high profile within the functional community
• Project Control specialist. Must have a deep understanding and broad experience in this field
• Thorough knowledge of all aspects of Project Control, i.e. Estimating, Planning, Progress and Earned Value Measurement, and Cost Control
• Good commercial awareness
• Awareness of the design specifications and standards used in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & gas Industries
• Engineering Education to Graduate Level
• Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role
• Good grasp of each stage of the project process in the process industries
• Good communication skills
• Driving License
• Member of a relevant Professional Institution
• Preparation of Project cost estimates using Aspen Capital Cost estimator
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.