Senior Consultant - Safety Insights
Warrington, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Senior Alarm Management Consultant with knowledge of applying risk management tools and techniques, able to demonstrate a good level of technical knowledge in the area of Process Safety and Alarm Management and a track record of relating to clients at all levels within an organisation. Able to use and articulate the value of ABB’s insight portfolio. This role can also be based at our North East office in Billingham or in our Aberdeen office.
- Forms and leads teams to deliver assignments
- Coaches and develops junior team members within the team
- Develops beneficial relationships with external organisations e.g. professional bodies
- Is able to present at events and possess excellent communication skills
- Experienced consultant - ‘a trusted advisor’
- Able to run and control meetings with multiple customer stakeholders
- Authority at a senior organisational level
- Methodical & good grasp of software tools
- Ability to work both as a lone individual and as part of a team
- Significant fee earning role with responsibility for personal utilisation targets (typically above 70% to contract)
- Can have responsibility for a Technology Area and associated fee income targets
- Identifies opportunities for repeat business and pull through of the whole of ABB Service.
- Supports Business Development to win work at target fee rates for self and others
- Leads assignments and manages fee rate and utilisation to deliver agreed contribution
- Likely to have (or the ability to achieve) a level of Contract Management responsibilities and hence be accountable for contract performance (WIP, margin etc.)
- Able to make contacts at senior level (e.g. Site Manager, Technical Director, CIO) in client organisations
- Brings leading edge technologies and processes to deliver client business benefit
- Aware of ABB Service and Business Area target sectors and the needs of existing clients. Supports Business Development to negotiate contracts which meet ABB Service and client objectives
- A degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Chartered with an appropriate Institution
- Extensive experience of working in the Oil and Gas, Petrochemical or Chemical Industries in an operation or maintenance role, or have got significant experience as a Consultant in these industries
- Extensive experience in Alarm Management including Alarm rationalisation delivery
- Strong control / process engineering background
- Detailed understanding of the requirements of Alarm standards i.e EEMUA / ISO etc.
- Need to have knowledge of process plant operations & issues faced by operators, particularly control room staff
- Good knowledge of process safety, HAZOP process, Functional Safety systems and F&G
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.