Coalville, Leicestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The UK Engineering Centre forms part of a global network of specialist engineering facilities providing technical solutions for automotive testing, marine and general industry globally. These systems are generally based around ABB variable speed drives and PLC based automation systems but can coer many aspects including mechanical build. Oversee all aspects related to operations of the UK engineering centre including the full scope of Engineering, Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Quality & Operational Excellence, Value Chain Planning or Project Controls. Ensures strict adherence within the operations to the policies and required standards of health, safety and integrity.
- Responsible for developing business action plans for the unit(s) aligned with Division/Business Unit/Product Group strategy and targets. Monitors implementation and tracks any deviations for corrective action.
- Prepares annual budget, oversees progress, and determines actions to cost issues as necessary in order to manage operations within the budget and resources.
- Develops programs, projects, goals, and metrics to lead the organization to the highest level of operational performance while optimizing working capital throughout Operations. Ensures that the organization take an overall value chain perspective to meet customer expectations on quality, service levels and lead time and has a full understanding and culture of continuous improvement behaviors, methodology and processes.
- Maintains compliance with health, safety and environmental regulations while monitoring and reporting progress and results. Assesses risks and safety hazards and implements plans to ensure people and equipment safety.
- Provides support to Sales staff to improve understanding of customer requirements in order to identify both potential constraints and solutions to these requirements from an operational point of view.
- Creates and maintains a positive work environment for the Company. Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies.
- Previous experience of project engineering, service, operations and marketing & sales.
- You an experienced leader who brings enthusiasm and energy to the business and foster a culture of teamwork.
- Strong business acumen and a results-oriented.
- Responsive and good at networking as well as comfortable with making crucial decisions.
- Significant technical knowledge of mechanical, electrical, electronic and automation systems and applications.
- Good knowledge and understanding of customer drivers in automotive, marine, Oil and Gas and other industries.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.