Service Engineer - Electrical
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
This job description is aligned in conjunction with the job family Service – Technical Service Specialist (I001090), operating at level E.
An Electrical Service Engineer to ensure the Service portfolio is delivered effectively according to ABB quality standards and safety guidelines. Execute technical support, act as specialist and solve problems in own expertise area. Proactively communicate with the customer, suppliers and ABB stakeholder (Sales, Operations, Factories, Service Units) to ensure customer needs are understood and met in an efficient and timely manner.
- Scope includes but not limited to the following activities:
- • Engineer, Install, Commission and Maintain electrical equipment as installed in limited networks, including: HV/LV Switchgear, HV/LV Transformers, HV/LV Machines, Power Management and SCADA Systems, Voltage Regulation and Synchronising Equipment, Protection Relays
- • Effectively diagnose and rectify faults on electrical equipment including Modbus link between equipment and to any local control system
- • Undertake protection studies, calculate protection settings and coordination of devices.
- • Develop work packs, testing procedures and method statements according to ABB and customer safety and quality standards
- • Liaise with customer on site to generate work permits, isolation and testing procedures and attend and present in required on site meetings as necessary to support effective completion of the work scope
- • Assist in tender preparation
- • Analyse customer RFQ and communicate with customer to develop a scope of work
- • Manage small/ medium projects (upgrade projects) from enquiry to completion of delivery meeting the key objectives of safety, quality, time, cost, scope and customer satisfaction
- • Power Generation and MV/LV distribution systems in limited networks
- • Operational knowledge of Power Systems (behavioural characteristics) Generation, Distribution, Control Voltage Regulation, Power Management and Protection in Limited Networks
- • Familiar with safety and isolation procedures for electrical systems/equipment
- • Knowledge and experience of communication protocols e.g. Modbus
- • Knowledge and understanding of programming and interfacing between electrical products and asset DCS
- • Offshore commissioning/ maintenance experience
- • Experience in producing and reviewing electrical drawings
- • Managing/ developing project engineering skills to manage small projects/ multiple scopes associated with equipment upgrades
- • Competent in writing maintenance and commissioning routines for a wide range of electrical equipment
- • Experience in creating quality and safety procedures for PM/CM activities offshore