Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Be part of a team based up and down the country, to carry out maintenance of ABB equipment and other external peripheral machinery. Primary part of role is to undertake the planned maintenance working on your own or leading a team on individual customer’s sites. Due to production demands of customer this role is based around working unsocial hours. Using technical knowledge and skills you will support our PPM Coordinator/ Onsite Manager in developing best practises and process to deliver the front-end preventative service to our customer.
• Oversee 3rd Party labour
• Ensure ABB standards are maintained
- Prompt onsite delivery
- High standards working ethic
- Health and Safety culture
• Directly liaise with the customers pre visit
• Complete reports for each machine
• Work with the PPM coordinator for visit scheduling
• Keeping up to date with all ABB paperwork practices.
Key Responsibilities and duties:
Delivery of Contract
• Support Long/Short Term planning
• Lead and motivate teams onsite
• Support Procurement of resource and consumables based on Long / Short term plan
• Assist PPM Coordinator/ Onsite Manager in defining process for Standard PPM
• Handling out of scope situations e.g breakdowns and failures of machinery
• Documentation on time and to agreed format
• Empowered to stop/continue onsite work
• Sign off PPM work and deliver reports directly to customer
• Ensure 100% Customer satisfaction during handover
• Embedded technology in order to deliver contract efficiently
• Identify opportunities based on site experience
• Improvement ideas for contract delivery or efficiency
• Support PPM team, Field Service teams
• Support Reactive service business
• Weekend working
• Relevant engineering qualification/experience
• Knowledge and experience of the Automation industry
• Knowledge and experience of the culture within ABB and an ability to harness that for the benefit of the program performance.
• Forward thinking and proactive
• Team leadership and cooperation
• Flexibility required as we run a 24/7 support structure
• Methodical and logical mind-set
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.