Regional Sales Manager, Data Centers
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. As a Regional Application Sales Manager – Datacenter you will drive the sales performance of Solution Sales for Data Centers in Grid Integration Business Unit for North European Region. You will lead and coach the local sales organization to meet ambitious targets and exceed customer expectations.
Reporting to the Region Sales & Marketing Manager North European HUB and dotted line to the PGGI Global Data Center Segment Manager –your key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
• Define and implement effective sales and business development initiatives in alignment with global strategy.
• Identify new business opportunities with current and prospective customers as well as a clear strategy to convert them.
• Coordinate the information flow around sales activities and providing forecasts, analysis and market intelligence to marketing and sales to ensure achievement of defined sales targets.
• Establish strong customer relationships and maintaining positive customer experience throughout the sales process, including post-sale.
• Conduct contract risk assessments and working closely with relevant parties to mitigate risk.
• Build a robust sales organization, with HR support, through best practices, training and cross-collaboration.
• Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
• A Bachelors’ degree in Engineering
• More than 10 years of experience in direct sales and sales management, Working in Sales & Marketing of Solutions business with EPC’s or Data Center Service providers.
• Sound knowledge of Electrical Products/Solutions and the Data Canters in Asia market.
• Experience in business development, account management and cross-selling across systems, solutions, products and service categories.
• Understanding of contract negotiation, risk management and commercial and legal terms.
• Exceptional communication and negotiating skills, customer-focused mindset and a professional, “can-do” attitude.