HR Business Partner (Local and Hub)
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
As a core member of the Hub Management Team of the Measurement & Analytics business in Northern Europe and of the local Management Team of the Measurement & Analytics UK business, the role-holder is accountable for the overall HR contribution and value-add to the business, translating business goals into HR priorities and ensuring effective implementation in partnership with ABB’s Centres of Expertise [CoE] and Global Business Services [GBS]. The scope for Northern Europe is about 750 FTE (UK, Sweden, France, Benelux, Finland and Russia), within UK 350 FTE in Stonehouse and St. Neots.
Within the role, you will be the local HR Business Partner for the activities in Stonehouse & St. Neots. Tasks for UK will include strategic, but also operational HR topics. You will also manage and execute some of the transactional activities in collaboration with the local HR administration. As a Hub HR Business Partner, you will be the functional manager of the HRBPs in the different locations of the Hub.
Understands the overall business drivers, as well as the current and long-term strategy and identifies opportunities for HR to add value to the Business in support of its goals.
Sets and implements HR priorities in the organisation in line with ABB and Business Line
people strategy, covering culture, people and organisation. Uses both existing and new HR solutions within UK to support a culture of change, customer orientation, quality & integrity. Supports the units and management teams in the NEU to implement the HR strategy, collaborate and share best practices.
Strategic responsibilities include:
- Capability Planning
- Workforce Planning
- Organisation Design
- Performance Management / Recognition & Reward
- Talent Management
- Learning & Development
Accountable for the total HR offering to the Measurement & Analytics business, establishing strong relationships with its senior managers and acting as consultant, sparring partner or coach, where needed.
As location HRBP within UK: makes a strong connection with all shop-floor, supervisory, staff and management employees to ensure effective two-way communication takes place, and is seen by employees as being a central figure within the organisation. Optimizes administrative processes in collaboration with line management, local & global shared services. Carries out training, communication and monitoring for HR processes, tools & policies.
Apprentice program (UK):
Acts as a Director of Gloucestershire Engineering Training to represent ABB on the Board of this Charity whose purpose is to promote engineering apprenticeship training within Gloucestershire.
For UK organization : There is a union collective bargaining agreement in place covering the majority of employees within the Measurement & Analytics business. Manages resolution of labour relations crises which impact at a local or business level, ensuring necessary flow of information to all stakeholders. Advises and proactively communicates with local business leaders, relevant HR stakeholders and the Legal function regarding requirements in labour relations, forthcoming legislation, etc.
Standards and Governance:
Implements and ensures compliance with global and local standards, rules, tools, policies and processes related to operations/project execution. Shares and develops best practices across the wider HR community.
• Significant HR experience working at Senior Management team level
• Masters Degree (preferably in an HR related area)
• Strong influencing, verbal and written communication skills
• Business acumen to understand the business strategy and how HR can support it
• Excellent customer orientation and collaboration skills
• Experience of working within international and matrix organisations
• Employee relations, people development [including apprentice and graduate development], coaching and performance management experience
• Able and willing to execute some administrative tasks
• Willingness to travel between different locations in UK (twice per month) and NEU (3-5 times per year)
• Experience in HR Shared Services for a Global Company will be an advantage
• Interesting position with a lot of autonomy, in an organisation that is continually changing and growing
• Opportunity to work with a strong link to the local workforce, unions and management team, supported by and connected to a global HR organisation
• A true generalist position with a lot of variety within the role and responsibilities