IAMA Service - Aftersales Technical Support Engineer
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Delivery of aftersales support, provision of first line technical support, training and processing of instrumentation issues through to resolution.
- Serve as the Company’s principal point of customer contact for all technical support enquiries within the business unit.
- Responsible for delivery of technical support to internal service & sales staff and also UK end customers on complete instrument range.
- Primary point of contact for the resolution of basic technical enquiries.
- Logging of support calls and resolutions onto a common database.
- Driving revenue generation through offering of service products (spares, training, field service visits, etc.) to resolve customer issues.
- Escalation of common faults to relevant parties including level 3 technical support, product specialists, field service coordination, QA, feeder factory or D&D dept’s.
- To carry out occasional site visits to both UK and oversea’s customer sites to assist with resolution process of issues and assist with delivery of training.
- Contribute to developing and maintaining service documentation (Service aids, support manuals, FAQ’s etc).
- Assisting in training of customers and internal staff, contributing to generation of training material.
- Advising customers on spare part numbers, pricing and availability.
- Be part of resolution owner team for UK CCRP (Customer Complaints) regarding after sales issues.
- Ensure own ethical behaviour in line with code of conduct.
- Awareness of and commitment to Health & Safety.
- Technical background and understanding of IAMA product portfolio. Particularly with a good knowledge of flow technologies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer focus and networking skills.
- Organised, logical & PC literate
- HNC / HND in engineering discipline.
- Experience in field or telephone support role.