Market Development Manager – ABB Ability™
Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Ability™ brings together for the first time all of our digital products and services, each built from our unique combination of sector knowledge, technology leadership and digital expertise, to create real business value for our customers. ABB Ability™ connects our customers to the power of the Industrial Internet of Things and, through our services and expertise, goes further by turning data insights into the direct action that "closes the loop" and generates customer value in the physical world. The Market Development Manager will seek to understand the way our customers view their business and develop insights to integrate ABB Ability™ products and services into their low voltage power distribution networks. The position provides a unique opportunity to work with external influencers across multiple industries to educate, inform, and develop strategies to improve electrical distribution performance and reliability. The position will be required to collaborate and drive consensus across Industrial End Users, Distribution Equipment Manufacturer Partners, Consultant Engineering firms and Utilities in implementing ABB Ability™ solutions.
- Strategy: Develop and implement targeted strategies in collaboration with country action plans. Create detailed business plans for assigned regions in collaboration with Front End Sales and Product Marketing
- Targets: Responsible for achieving key targets (e.g. volume, price, and mix) for ABB Ability products
- Market Analysis: Monitor market trends and recommend strategy and business plan adjustments as required to meet rapidly changing market and competitive landscapes.
- Marketing: Develop and articulate strategies to assist customers in turning data insights into physical world applications. Support the front-end sales organization in becoming true advocates in the communication, promotion and training of ABB Ability™ products and services.
- Customer Relations: Manages and develops appropriate relationships with customers and key accounts. Supports customers in adopting the new products and facilitates problem resolution.
- Sales & Marketing experience in energy management, renewable energy and/or low voltage power distribution products/systems
- Strong knowledge of Power Breaker technology (ACB’s / MCCB’s) and applications
- Previous experience in Product Management and Technical Sales roles
- Line Manager responsibility in previous job role
- Ability to engage with and explain new software and technologies quickly and effectively
- Exceptional analytical, communication and leadership skills
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or technical field
- Travel requirements: 50%
More about us
Close date: 09.09.2019
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.