Technical Consultant Work & Asset Management Systems
Woking, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As an external customer-facing consultant and an experienced and proficient practitioner working with one or a number of ABB’s Solution sets, the Business Consultant is responsible for providing:
- Chargeable consulting services involving the formulation, implementation and ongoing use of ABB’s commercial solutions for ABB’s customers to meet customers’ business needs / processes.
- Support to the Sales Team during the Sales Cycle for Business Process, Solution capability and implementation project expertise.
- Support to, and via, Global Customer Care for Customer “in production” Business Process and Solution analysis and assess support.
This role will be expected to champion the implementation methodologies developed for ABB solution offerings and provide mentorship and guidance to Customers and other Functional Consultants involved in solution implementation projects. They will be expected to take a leading role in Solutions Consulting assignments of medium complexity and support in the development of consultancy products and services.
Solutions Consulting (Professional Services) Activities
- Consulting in the implementation and/or ongoing use of the ABB Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) Solution sets at Customer sites with provision of business consulting activities as directed by the Project Manager and in accordance with project Statement of Work (SOW) or specific consulting engagement request.
- Follows work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility. Ensures quality and timely implementation within targeted cost.
- Provision of business process/ solution related consulting activities in accordance with project Statement of Work (SOW) or specific consulting engagement request.
- Provision of solution consulting advice to effectively provide the customer with knowledge and best practice guidelines of the required business solution.
- Enablement of business benefits in accordance with consulting assignment deliverables.
Works as a leading functional practitioner, primarily in Maintenance Work Management.
- Takes a lead role to propose consulting services to meet the customer's needs.
- Leads or supports the development of a special technology or area of best practice
- Demonstration of ABB EAM solutions to meet typical business needs..
- Prepare and conduct Solution training as required.
- Participation in complex solution design and feedback sessions with ABB Product Development.
- Provide expertise and guidance during the solution development process to ensure bridging of the gap between business problems faced by the Customer and benefits available from ABB solutions and services
- Ensuring that our implementation solutions are designed and documented to address customer’s problems in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Encourage openness & respect, and build trust, confidence & loyalty with customers and partners.
- Undertake mentoring and leadership of ABB, Customer or Partner consultants and associates as required.
- Complete administrative tasks e.g. timesheet recording and project/site documentation as required.
- Willingness to undertake extensive travel both domestically and internationally to customer project locations.
- Attend to other relevant duties as directed.
- Ensure ABB commitments to customer are met, in accordance with the assigned consulting activities.
- Ensure assigned consulting services are completed on time, with required quality and updates reported to appropriate project manager or equivalent. Seeks ways to improve customer satisfaction, through optimized execution, appropriate customer interaction, delivering quality documents, keeping and presenting ABB values and integrity, etc. as directed by the project manager and or Team Lead.
- Assure and seek to improve customer satisfaction and feedback through consistent customer interaction, e.g. Communication, (phone, e-mail, etc.) and Customer meetings, etc.
- Maintain high levels of customer satisfaction across all solution deployments.
- Consistently demonstrating a commitment to ongoing improvement of service or delivery methods.
- Supports Sales in sales activities and participates in pre-sales activities when required.
- Contribution as requested to proposals, RFI’s and tender responses.
- Provide input to project plans and pricing on services projects.
- Identify and report additional business opportunities for consulting when conducting an existing engagement e.g. training, site reviews, further solution rollouts etc.
- Makes contacts with senior/technical experts in customer organizations to deliver customer benefit.
- Maintains awareness of consulting and business unit target sectors and the needs of existing customers in order to support Sales to negotiate contracts which meet customer objectives.
Innovation and Improvement
- Continuous contributions to innovation.
- Create and deliver training materials relating to technology and best practices to support the adoption of best practices across the global consulting group
- Adherence to Project and ABB quality standards.
- Demonstrated high-quality, professional and ethical conduct.
- Producing high quality project reporting documentation.
- Ensuring on-time delivery of project deliverables, project reports, and Request for Proposals with exceptional operational and functional quality.
- As an individual contributor, Ensure compliance with all ABB policy, process or guidelines.
- Achievement of associated billable utilization target.
- Constantly seeks ways to learn, acquire new skills and knowledge and improve quality of consulting services.
- Keep up to date with product developments, and return customer and market feedback to Product Management.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and products coming to market that may assist in providing solutions to customers.
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s or higher degree related to particular business area.
- Relevant industry technical certifications desirable
- Recognised as possessing subject matter proficiency in relevant field
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Additional European language/s are an advantage
- Woking UK or London location
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability and confidence to develop and present to senior audiences within a customer environment or at industry conferences
- Ability to work with projects of different size, complexity and contractual types
- Lateral thinking and problem solving
- Must be self-motivated, outcome-oriented, pragmatic, commercially minded, and demonstrate a strong desire to excel, work with moderate supervision.
- Wide latitude for independent judgement, and rational decisions from the available information and analysis. Can work independently, applying established standards and instructs or coaches other professionals
- Ability to produce workable solutions to a range of problems, demonstrating an understanding of how one issue may be a part of a much larger system
- Ability to support peers and colleagues to achieve targeted results.
- The ability to identify business drivers and work with a project team to propose practical solutions.
- A passion for customer satisfaction, problem solving and team work.
- A demonstrated ability to influence key stakeholders (customer and ABB) to achieve the objectives of the project.
- An ability to produce documentation and collateral and to develop ABB excellence in project delivery capability and methodologies.
- Ability to analyse numerical data, verbal data and all other sources of information.
- Two years’ experience of aspects of maintenance and work management in an asset intensive industry, preferably in utilities (primarily generation) or transportation (primarily rail).
- Alternative experience in mining, other utilities or defence may also be considered.
- Knowledge of preventative, predictive and shut down planning, scheduling and work management is highly desirable. Good practical understanding and experience of the Supply - Chain provision of materials and services, and the interaction with effective maintenance is also highly desirable.
- Experience in project consultancy within a customer or consulting service focused on providing enterprise software solutions is an advantage.
- Proven experience in the deployment of complex enterprise software solutions
- Proven experience in professional consulting role (desirable) and in implementation of ABB solutions or equivalent
- Proven experience identifying and managing project issues and risks, including mitigation strategies and plans.