Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The role is to manage the Process Function within the Project Services Solution Group. It is both a direct fee earning and management role. A key requirement will be to grow the function in both size and capability by developing the range of consultancy and engineering services it provides. Resourcing contracts appropriately and meeting budget utilisation for the function are also a key priorities.
- Lead a team of professional Process engineers.
- Carry out performance appraisals for direct reports and ensure that the all of the appraisals in the Process Function are completed to a high quality and within the required timescales.
- Manage the performance of underperforming staff.
- Ensure that members of the Process Function have opportunities for personal development and training in order to maintain and enhance their capabilities and the capabilities of the function.
- Manage any sickness / absence / attendance issues in the department.
- Ensure that all timesheets are punctually input into SAP
- Identify functional delivery problems at an early stage and proactively intervene to remedy.
- Regularly review functional technical scope on contracts.
- Ensure acceptable levels of productivity on contract delivery.
- Maintain contact with client functional leads to monitor levels of satisfaction.
- Ensure the safe working of the Process Function.
- Ensure that all required risk assessments are created and maintained.
- Ensure that all safety events are correctly reported and investigated and any resulting actions raised and completed in a timely manner.
- Complete safety audits, as required by the management audit schedules.
- Ensure the Process Function compliance with the company Quality Management System.
- Develop and maintain Process Function standards.
- Manage and participate in quality audits of the Process Function to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that deliverables on contracts are to the appropriate quality standard.
- Lead or engage in company quality improvement initiatives.
- Ensure timely close out of any quality learning events, non-conformances and observations.
- Carry out regular communications to personnel in the Process Function, to include financial, safety and integrity information cascaded from the senior management meetings, as well as any functional specific issues.
- Report upwards on any functional issues arising in areas such as safety, integrity, operational issues, financial performance, utilisation, personal performance and conduct.
- Own the succession planning for the function and lead recruitment and retention to meet the needs of contract resourcing and succession plans.
- Manage utilisation in order to achieve Process Function’s and personal targets.
- Monitor and manage the staff / temporary worker balance to ensure an appropriate level of resource flexibility whilst maintaining robust technical expertise.
- Ensure that contracts can be manned with the appropriate technical capability.
- Manage functional resource across all off ABB Consulting locations such that they work together in an efficient and integrated way.
- Carry out Contract Management for jobs within the Process Function, including all aspects of invoicing and controlling costs.
- Ensure the Process Function complies with the business contract management procedures.
- Produce monthly forecasts of the financial revenue and workload.
- Ensure that the work of the function on contracts is delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that Contract Managers identify changes of scope in their contracts and submit design changes to clients in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all contract documentation is identified, circulated, revised, stored and archived in line with the ABB or contract requirements.
- Review the Process Function input to Proposals to ensure they are of the correct quality, are commercially compliant, address all of the client requirements and present them with compelling reasons for placing an order with ABB Consulting.
- Review estimates to ensure they are complete and sufficiently accurate, with provision of contingencies, where required.
- Develop and maintain pre-qualification data for the Process Function.
- Promote and keep abreast of product developments in the Process Function.
- Develop and maintain marketing materials for the Process Function.
- Proactively interface with clients at all levels so as to understand their requirements, and promote the abilities of the Process Function to solve their problems and meet their needs.
- Maintain a high profile within the functional community.
- Process Engineering specialist, must have a deep understanding and broad experience of the function
- Thorough knowledge of design specs and standards used in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & gas Industries
- Engineering Education to Graduate Level
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role
- Good grasp of each stage of the project delivery process in the process industries
- Good communication skills
- Driving License
- Member of relevant Engineering Institution
- Good commercial awareness.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.