Senior Technical Consultant - Fired Equipment
Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The role is to provide fired equipment engineering and consultancy expertise, both directly to a client and as part of a multi-functional project team. The person carrying out the role will be expected to develop Proposals for their own work, and to contribute the fired equipment elements of multi-functional Proposals. They will have a significant personal utilisation target and may manage their won contracts.
- May be required to give direction and guidance to other engineers and designers in the delivery of fired equipment work
- Effectively manages multifunctional interfaces - internal, customers and suppliers
- Effectively leads teams to deliver assignments
- Manages own personal development
- Expertise in the process, mechanical and control, design requirements of fired equipment used in process industries, including boilers, fired heaters, steam reformers etc
- Knowledgeable in the UK and European Design Standards and Requirements of fired equipment and its controls
- Competent in assessing client equipment against current recognised standards and developing technical solutions to bridge any gaps identified
- Competent in the production and presentation of reports relating to fired equipment contracts
- Competent in completing Fitness for Service assessments of client’s equipment
- Able to optimise or give guidance to others to optimise the operation of existing fired equipment
- Competent in sizing and specifying fired equipment
- Ability to develop capital estimates for fired equipment and auxiliaries
- Ensure that all required risk assessments are created and maintained
- Ensure that all safety events are correctly reported and investigated and any resulting actions raised and completed in a timely manner
- Complete safety audits, as required by the management audit schedules
- Ensures that own work and work of others is correct and of a high standard
- Develop and maintain Mechanical Functions standards
- Manage and participate in quality audits of the Mechanical Functions to ensure compliance
- Ensure that deliverables on contracts are to the appropriate quality standard
- Lead or engage in company quality improvement initiatives
- Ensure timely close out of any quality learning events, non-conformances and observations
- Interfaces with client to understand job requirements and communicates proposed solutions
- Shapes and aligns functional offer to best meet customer need
- Manages relationships with client at operational level during specification and delivery of the job
- Carry out Contract Management for jobs within own function, including all aspects of invoicing and controlling costs
- Comply with the business contract management procedures
- Contribute to monthly forecasts of the financial revenue and workload
- Ensure that contracts are delivered on time and within budget
- Identify changes of scope own contracts and submit design changes to clients in a timely manner
- Ensure that all contract documentation is identified, circulated, revised, stored and archived in line with the ABB or contract requirements
- Develop quality Proposals that are commercially compliant, address all of the client requirements and present them with compelling reasons for placing an order with ABB Consulting
- Develop estimates that are complete and sufficiently accurate, with provision of contingencies, where required
- Promote and keep abreast of product developments in the Fired Equipment field
- Help develop and maintain marketing materials for the Mechanical Functions
- Proactively interface with clients at all levels so as to understand their requirements, and promote the abilities of the Mechanical Functions to solve their problems and meet their needs
- Maintain a high profile within the functional community
- Fired Equipment equipment specialist, must have a deep understanding and broad experience in this field
- Thorough knowledge of design specs and standards used in the Chemical, Petrochemical, Oil & gas Industries
- Engineering Education to Graduate Level
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role
- Good grasp of each stage of the project process in the process industries
- Good communication skills
- Driving License
- Member of relevant Engineering Institution
- Good commercial awareness
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.