Hull, South Yorkshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Inspection of pressurised equipment, tanks and piping to meet regulatory and client requirements
- Preparing and reviewing Written Schemes of Examination (WSE)
- Identifying preparation requirements from the WSE
- Examination in accordance with the WSE
- Undertaking simple NDT – ultrasonic thickness checks, magnetic particle, dye penetrant
- Coordination of NDT providers for extensive requirements or specialist methods,
- Preparation of clear reports including photographs
- Assessment of deterioration
- Reviewing design calculations and sentencing defects
- Coordinating repairs
- Participation in Risk Based Inspection studies
- This role requires interaction with client maintenance managers and technical staff. Also the Inspection Engineer will on behalf of ABB or the client coordinate NDE contractors and supervise fabrication activities at fabricators
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Eye for detail
- Ability to accurately follow procedures
- Understanding of engineering principles
- Able to make and defend difficult decisions
- Ability to interact and work with others
- Mechanical Engineering background
- Chemical or oil and gas sector experience
- Understanding of fabrication or repair of pressure equipment
- Experience of non-destructive examination techniques
- Man-management experience
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.