Billingham, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for engaging with clients at all levels, interpreting their needs into winning proposals and then leading a team of engineers to deliver the work to the agreed quality, programme and financial margin.
- Leads multifunctional teams of engineers in the development of estimates and proposals.
- Manages multifunctional teams in the delivery of successful contracts.
- Liaise with finance departments to ensure that jobs are invoiced and debt paid in a timely manner.
- Manages own personal development.
- Contract Manager, accountable for all financial aspects of contract delivery including WIP, Margin and Debt.
- Manages the cost performance on contracts and takes remedial action where necessary to bring the profitability of the contract back on track.
- Operates as Bid Team Leader and is responsible for ensuring that an attractive proposal is developed that demonstratively meets client’s requirements at acceptable levels of profitability and with terms and conditions that provide acceptable risk to ABB.
- Interfaces with clients at all levels to understand their requirements and to sell the ability of ABB to meet those requirements.
- Manages relationship and communications with client through the delivery phase of a contract.
- Engineering Education
- Minimum five year’s experience of working in process industries carrying out similar project management role
- Good understanding of each stage of the project process
- Firm understanding of cost Control and Planning techniques
- Good commercial knowledge and understanding of typical T&Cs used in the process industries
- Driving licence
- Member of relevant Engineering Institution
- Track record of delivering Front End project definition and cost estimates
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.