Coleshill, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Sufficient education and suitably skilled in Electrical principals and testing to a standard that ABB accepts as a minimum required Health and Safety training for the safe use of live connected 415v testing apparatus and product being tested.
- Specific use of 2.5KV flash testers, understanding implications of having other operatives within the test cell who could come into contact with the product under test.
- Test load Bank – When it is required and how to manage the load settings – where to find load current data.
- Injection testing – This is only required on special builds.
- Correct use of wall mounted voltage sources – These supply 415v 3Ph – Full understanding of the connections and safe isolation.
- Correct use of specific test apparatus i.e. Omega supply and current monitoring equipment
- Torque drivers – source of technical information and importance
- Importance on line by line methodical following of the test procedures
- Correct use of the test cell safety equipment i.e. Entry Interlock systems, Isolation and emergency switches. These systems must be subjected to a ‘Minimum’ daily inspection and an ‘official record’ signed off prior to test cell use.
- Ability to understand circuit diagrams and relate the information to products.
- Obtaining production schedules and applying the data to the test process.
- Correct logging of test result information and product documentation.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a Test / Inspection role with an rational approach to decision making
- Must be happy to do repetitive work at a fast pace with minimal mistakes
- Must have some initiative, be enthusiastic, punctual and H&S conscious. Must be comfortable to report anything to improve on H&S practices
- Must be reliable and flexible as sometimes overtime is required
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.