Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Apprentice Mechanical Engineer to support the Mechanical Engineering Department (Piping, Vessels, Fired Equipment) & Inspection Departments of the ABB Industrial Automation Energy Industries Business Line.
- Hand drawing and sketching piping isometrics.
- Drawing electronic piping isometrics using relevant Computer Aided Design software.
- Producing various piping documentation (e.g. general arrangement, fabrication isometrics and data sheets).
- Inspection support for the inspection of pressure vessels, piping systems & relief valves.
- Data collection for Risk Based Inspection & Non-Invasive Inspection reviews of pressure equipment.
- Minimum 3 GCSE’s (A* - C) or academic equivalent with a Grade C in Mathematics.
- Interest in Mechanical Engineering in High Hazard Oil, Gas & Chemicals Industry.
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self-motivated candidate.
- Engineering experience working in High Hazard Oil, Gas & Chemicals Industry. (Desirable)
- Clean UK Driving License. (Desirable)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.