Stategic Sales Account Manager- North West/ North East
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
This job could be based in our Daresbury, Billigham or Grangemouth location.
You will be working in the Chemicals, Refining & Pharmaceuticals team and working with customers in these markets.
In this role you will develop, implement and manage the account(s) strategy focused on growth, profitability and customer satisfaction. You will also coordinate the sales activities and manage resolution of specific customer problems.
- Participates in the development of sales strategies for accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans.
- Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account and ensures their achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Leads the development and implementation of the account plan to include designing the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing the opportunities, identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy. Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims. Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations.
- Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends, and competition.
- Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned Business Unit.
- Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures that appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements). Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.
- Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising, and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts.
- Proven track record in working in senior sales roles over an extended period
- A high level of understanding of the relevant markets (Chemicals, Refining & Pharmaceuticals)
- Strong networks within relevant industry sector
- Good knowledge of a wide range of ABB technology and solutions
- Results orientated
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.