Global Product Manager, Continuous Water Analysis
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Global Product Manger within our continuous water analysis product line.
Reporting to the Global Product Line Manager and working with the Marketing, Development, Sales, Production, Supply Chain and Service teams, you will manage all elements of product management to the agreed KPIs, to deliver profitable growth for the product line.
- Leading life cycle management process, analyses current product, defines and tracks performance metrics, plans appropriate measures (e.g. enhancements, cost reductions, phase-outs, service offerings) and makes decisions on product obsolescence and end-of life to ensure current and future market requirements are met and maximize profitability.
- Understand market and competitor trends, identifying potential gaps in portfolio, both against competition and new market opportunity.
- Specify future roadmap and product requirements based on voice of the customer, competitor and market analysis.
- Defining product customer value proposition per market segment, ensuring clear communication to channels and users, to deliver clear product positioning.
- Provide business case for new product developments, and work with development team to deliver products to specification.
- Develop and execute global product launch marketing plans and post launch campaigns.
- Day-to-day tactical product management tasks, including, customer and country sales support, customer-facing activities and managing any arising production or product quality related issues.
- Recent and relevant experience of product/portfolio management ideally within the same or similar industry.
- Knowledge of new product development processes from customer requirement to post launch product lifecycle in a B2B environment.
- Thorough and practical experience of shaping product strategy, roadmaps, and life-cycles.
- Experience within the global water industry or on-line measurement for improved process control and plant optimisation is highly desirable.
- Exposure to sales environment (e.g. sales experience) would be beneficial.
- Be capable of managing a complex workload, potentially across their own agenda and others', of multi-disciplinary deliverables.
- Be an excellent communicator with strong presentation skills.
- Technically highly competent and able to converse comfortably with engineers, customers, peers and the cross-functional team on product matters.
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to develop strong relationships with internal teams and customers.
- Be customer focussed and have an analytical nature with a keen eye for detail.
- Able to work both collaboratively as well as autonomously when required.
- Visionary and entrepreneurial with a can-do attitude – able to see and hold the big picture and see opportunities and synergies within the wider product group.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrable experience of prioritise work & meeting deadlines.
- Willing and able to travel globally to carry out requirements to fulfil the role as and when required (potentially up to 30% of time).
- Fluent in of both written and spoken English, with any additional languages advantageous.
- Degree educated or relevant experience, preferably with an engineering or scientific background.
- Full and clean international driving license
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.