Regional Communications Manager
United Kingdom, United Kingdom
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Communications and Public Affairs function is crucial to our success. They are responsible for creating clear and targeted messaging for employees, customers and stakeholders, while supporting strong brand positioning, facilitating positive media relations, and managing public affairs.
In this newly established role, you will provide strategic guidance for the regional Electrification (EL) business communications programs, in line with Business Communications and Group Corporate Communications strategy, corporate identity and brand positioning. Reporting to the Head of Communications - Electrification, you will drive excellence in communications activities for the region.
- Developing and implementing a coherent, integrated communications strategy and brand positioning in alignment with the regional Electrification Business strategy.
- Conceptualizing and implementing communications programs and related messaging including marketing communications, publicity, editorial support, web content, and direct marketing to educate and inform key stakeholders including customers, employees, general media and interest groups.
- Delivering excellence in all communications activities in line with brand positioning and business/corporate identity and design guidelines.
- Developing a comprehensive media relations strategy for the regional Electrification Business, coordinating and supervising media relations work for general press, in harmony with region and country requirements.
- Serving as a Communications expert to the Electrification business leadership team, while providing guidance in the prompt identification and response to key communications opportunities.
- Supporting the Electrification business leaders with clear and targeted communications materials including presentations, speeches, articles, and employee recognition awards.
- Producing high quality and consistent communications materials for important events such as investor and employee meetings, in line with business and branding strategy.
- Owning budget responsibility for regional communications program, researching and recommending communications programs and supply channels to maximize impact and cost efficiency and minimize overlap among businesses.
- Guiding, motivating, coaching and developing the skills, knowledge and competencies of your direct reports, while working closely with HR to ensure that the Electrification Communications team is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University degree in Communications, Public Relations, or Media Relations.
- A professional with more than 5 years of experience in a Communications Leadership role, with budget responsibility.
- Significant leadership experience in cross-functional, international collaboration, with demonstrated intercultural sensitivity.
- Proven performance developing and delivering Communications and Media strategies, preferably on a global scale.
- Proven business acumen and ability to partner with a range of business leaders and stakeholders.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.