Motion Lead Business UK HSE Manager
Warrington, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- Support Business Manager in running Country HSE/SA Boards, in monitoring the application of the accountability framework and the HSE/SA performance in the country and in running regular Management Reviews in local business within area of responsibility.
- Consolidates data from the global Management information System (MIS) and reports to the Business Manager. Reports on progress regarding implementation of Sustainability objectives and key performance indicators (KPIs) to the ABB Group as required. Reports HSE incidents. Feeds back on lessons learned and best practice from own unit and across ABB to management and employees. Monitors Local Businesses on the implementation of the ABB way . Drives opportunities for Improvement.
- Tracks and assesses country/cluster-related emerging trends and legislation and communicates relevant information on local legal requirements. Represents the company in contact with regulators. Responsible for country level (national) regulatory reporting.
- Drives and ensures compliance with Group management systems. Ensures area of responsibility is audited according to Group Audit Program. Assists line managers and supervisors in understanding obligations, liability and how to fulfil their roles, according to local HSE law and ABB Group Policy, instructions and standards. Supports compliance with human rights, security and crisis management processes.
- Provides specialist knowledge and advice on HSE and human rights risk management related issues the business. Provides the same to Country HSE/SA Boards, including ERM process.
- Facilitates HSE/SA risk assessments by line management involving shop floor employees, e.g. those directly concerned by the hazards, and ensures all processes are implemented.
- Cooperates across functions and with business partners to raise awareness and drive performance. Engages with internal business in the country and external stakeholders. Ability to lead a forum of HSE Managers to common goals driving collaboration.
- Drives behavioral change to continuously improve performance through coordinated Group-wide programs and initiatives. Supports the sharing of best practices, and applies Group standardized processes to deliver consistent support within the respective organization. Ensures capability is built through training. Point of contact for export projects and Service. Identifies, plans and initiates training need, e.g. for employees, site managers and contractors.
- Participates in defining annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors. Projects include cross business activities in the country.
- Ensures area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies. Effects people decisions in the function’s scope of activities in cooperation within the respective organization.
- Considerable proven experience in a Senior HSE position
- Ability to work and Communicate at Senior levels of management internal and external
- Ability to clearly demonstrate experience in driving changes inside organizations towards Health and wellbeing
- Clear knowledge and experience in ISO9000, 14001, OHSAS1800/1 ISO 45001
- Knowledge of UK Regulations
- Experience in Environmental reporting and improvement projects (desired)
- Contractor / Supplier Management (desired)
- Electrical safety (desired)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.