Local Communications Manager – Motion
Warrington, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Lead Local Motion Communications and take ownership of why, what, when, where and to whom to communicate locally in line with the Business strategy, Local Business priorities, Group Corporate Communications strategy, corporate identity and brand positioning. Ensure executional excellence in all communications measures for the local business and support business management. Drive Outside-in thinking and the use of digital communications tools. Coordinate the country comms activities based on the corporate comms strategy and guidance.
- Customer and Partner Communications: Takes ownership and accountability of local customer and partner communications. Works closely with sales, marketing and PG’s to secure alignment.
- Internal Comms: Develops and ensures a coherent, integrated internal communications throughout the Local Motion Business. Takes clear ownership of why, how, when and what Motion communicates to its employees locally. Develops and recommends internal communications plans and programs and supports the regional implementation and secures best practice sharing. Ensures efficient communications cascade model for global business level initiatives.
- Media relations: Develops and ensures a coherent, integrated Media Relations strategy and brand positioning throughout the Local Motion Business. Takes clear ownership of how, when and what Motion communicates to the media. Drives Outside-in thinking i.e. serves the target groups based on their needs and interests. Builds the thought Leadership agenda for Motion Business. Supports and trains spokespersons within Local Motion business
- Country communication: Coordinates the country comms based on mandate and guidance from Group communications. Ensures alignment between different Business Comms resources in the country. Takes ownership of among other things media relations, crisis communication and brand management on the country level. Supports various Corporate Communication Campaigns and Programs such as Quality Week, Formula-E etc. Ensures efficient communications cascade model for global corporate initiatives.
- Executional excellence: Ensures executional excellence throughout the area of accountability for all communications measures in line with business targets, brand positioning and corporate identity/corporate design guidelines.
- Management support: Serves as a consultant to the local business leadership team to ensure quick recognition of timely key communications opportunities and clear response to same. Ensures cross-regional learning and best practice sharing with regional communications management. Helps management.
- Budget: Owns budget for local communications projects. Researches and recommends communications programs and supply channels to maximize cost efficiency and minimize overlap among businesses.
- People leadership and development: Ability to lead, coach, empower and engage people to reach new and better results. Ensures that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates. Evaluates, mentors and guides business-level communications personnel to further develop capability.
- Reporting: Reports directly to Local Business Manager for the region and functionally to Lead Comms Manager for MO in NEU.
- Most important KPI’s: Sales leads, Website visitors, Media visibility, Internal Comms KPI’s, Business Growth, Customer NPS
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.