Woking, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Product Manager influences and executes the vision, strategy, and roadmap for ABB’s Enterprise Software portfolio of products, specifically focused on the products and services that are assigned to this position.
- Responsible to understand market trends and drivers that are influencing our customers purchasing decisions across many industry segments.
- Understand the competitive landscape and where the competition is investing in solutions.
- Develop a roadmap and investment plan that will enable ES to provide innovate solutions that are market leading.
- Work cross functionally across the ES organization to understand customer challenges and define solutions.
- Define solution out comes that need to be met as inputs to supporting functions.
- Ensure on-time delivery of the solution by tracking and managing the execution of the solution roadmap across each of the constituent product lines.
- Develop product launch plans and ensure the organization is prepared to sell deploy, and supported as a cohesive solution rather than a collection of products.
- Perform competitive analysis and win/loss reviews, and incorporate that feedback into the solution direction.
- Work with sales and marketing to create solution positioning and collateral.
- Contribute to thought leadership through white paper, blog, webcast, and conferences.
- Meeting order and revenue targets for the products in your stewardship.
- Be market focused and bring forward looking perspectives.
- Focus on critical outcomes that are compelling to customers and how we deliver those.
- Defining the detailed content of the release by writing agile epics which are approved by stakeholders and product owners.
- More than 5 years of work experience in Product Management, at a senior level, for a software company
- Bachelor's degree from four-year College or university. Master’s degree (M.B.A.) is an asset
- Simulation, planning, or forecasting experience at an electric or gas utility is an asset
- Ability to lead and achieve results through collaboration and influence
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.