IA Business Environment and Sustainability Manager
Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
As the Global Business lead in Environment, Sustainability and Energy for Industrial Automation you will report to the global Head of HSE. This diverse role will challenge your knowledge, colaboration and supporting skills to the maximum. Scope covers for all IA Business Lines, IA Country Terratories and the HSE Function with IA.
The main objective is to position Industrial Automation as a responsible organisation with all our customers and stakeholders, manage all risks and oportunities and develop our Function as a true HS’E’ organisation.
- Ensure that ABB Group global policies, instructions, training and tools related to Environment and Sustainability are implemented.
- Develop a programme of competency assessment and development for the Business Line HSE, HUB HSE and LBL HSE Networks to strengthen the E (environment).
- Understand and guide organisations to fully adopt the Intelex risk assessment process with the adoption of Intelex ABRA tool (activity Based Risk Assessment) for business activities.
- Represent ABB Industrial Automation with Internal and external stakeholders and position IA as a responsible organization.
- Support ALL IA Territories with Sustainability, Environment, Material/substances and Energy compliance matters.
- Support implementation of ISO 14001 and the ABB Way with the aim of standardizing process, forms and certification in IA.
- Engage IA colleagues to raise the profile and awareness of environmental and sustainability risks and opportunities.
- Work with IA HSE Manager to develop HSE Strategy and roadmap in line with Corporate direction and business needs.
- Guide and collaborate with Corporate Sustainability/Environment and GBS to direct priorities in line with IA Business Strategy.
- Develop and implement baseline measurement for key Sustainability/Environmental metrics. Develop programme to improve.
- Masters of Science degree in the area of Environmental management
- Minimum 5 years of Proven experience in involving environmental management
- Demonstrated project management experience
- Indepth experience in Environmental standards ISO 14001 & experience conducting ISO 14001 audits
- Experience in Environmental licensing and permitting processes and De-contamination process
- Confidence in navigation around environmental legislation in a global organisation
- Experience with EU regulation for environment and materials including REACH, ROHS, WEEE
- Environmental assessment/analysis tools like LCA, EIA
- Proven experience in Energy efficiency programs and carbon footprint evaluation and reduction
- Fluent in English, other languages are an added advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.