Head of Legal PG UK & Ireland
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this role you implement global strategy and advise management and business on legal and integrity issues relating to the relevant area(s) of responsibility to ensure full compliance with Group directives and instructions, as well as local legal regulations.
- Provides legal advice and counsel to ABB management and manages all dispute and litigation matters.
- Assists with negotiation of frame agreements, contracts, partnerships and other contractual terms in collaboration with relevant business managers. Drives and ensures consistency in contractual terms & conditions and advice provided by the local contract managers in his/her Country.
- Anticipates and identifies legal issues of concern to management and proactively develops effective legal strategies and practical solutions. Monitors legal affairs, including but not limited to litigations, claims involving third party liability insurance and activity reports and organizes regularly meetings with the Country teams.
- Ensures good corporate governance in the area of accountability at country level, manages implementation of the Code of Conduct and on-going integrity training and assists in investigation and resolution of any integrity issues that arise,
- leading those that are to be performed at country level.
- Identifies need for and implements new or updated Company directives/instructions based on local legislation and regulations. Assists with the implementation of both local and Group legal and integrity directives and instructions and monitors implementation of on-going integrity program.
- Manages and liaises with and oversees use of external service providers, including external legal counsel ensuring compliance of Group guidelines and proper coordination with Procurement & Logistic.
- Ensures legal and integrity training and awareness is carried out for employees in the business.
- Participates in defining the annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints
- University Law Degree
- Master’s in Business Law School (not necessary but convenient)
- 10 years of experience would be ideal, preferably in legal department of multinational group of companies
- Fluent English
- Prepared to travel when required (occasionally)
- Self-confidence and auto control. Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and decision-making capability
- Team working and cooperation
- Communication and negotiation skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.