Warrington, Cheshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Build up, lead and support a team of Cyber Security professionals. Technical lead for all Cyber Security engineering activities in assignments and support delivery of products and services. Ensure that activities related to all engineering disciplines within the project
are efficiently and cost-effectively executed in accordance with contract specifications, quality standards and safety requirements.
Provide in depth Cyber Security Consulting services with an Industrial Control Systems focus to help clients improve their Cyber Security posture by delivering a wide range of Cyber Security services that cover the whole cyber security lifecycle of an organisation.
This will include working with customers to identify their cyber security needs and following through with the technical delivery of identified solutions.
- Technical lead for all engineering disciplines - evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with complex features. Executes assignments using established solutions.
- Main responsibilities will be to carry out the following functions: Cyber Security Risk Assessments, Gap Analysis, Compliance Assessments, Installing Patch Management systems (WSUS), Installing Anti Virus solutions (EPO), Installing backup systems, Installing and configuring network equipment, Carry out system design work, configuration of firewalls, switches and other security related HW, Policy and Procedure development, Vulnerability Identification and Analysis, Asset Identification and Management, Incident response participating in 24 on-call duty, Threat Intelligence, Installing and configuring Network Security Monitoring and Security Information and Event Manager solutions, Cyber Exercising, Cyber Security Training
- Act as a design authority for the engineering discipline and completes engineering assignments.
- Collaborates on project installation, commissioning and site activities, clarifying potential issues or providing solutions to correct engineering errors. Provide technical support to commissioning and start-up activities.
- Assists in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates. Assists in performing engineering risk analysis before submitting proposal.
- Interacts with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attends project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments.
- Supports Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.)
- Evaluates risks and opportunities, strategizes mitigation of one’s engineering projects/programs. Supports the Project Manager in overall project risk and opportunity assessments and implementation of resulting actions. Identifies opportunities for repeating and new businesses.
- Oversees the creation of subcontracts and manages subcontractors jointly with other involved functions, including supply chain management
- Collaborate and network with engineering colleagues within ABB.
- Utilizes standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations, standards and contractual requirements.
- IT related degree, ideally with a focus on Cyber Security OR 5 years relevant experience
- Strong consultancy and communications skills
- Expertise in Windows, product related knowledge with security devices, software, networking and virtualization
- Knowledge in relevant security standards and legislation including: IEC62443, NIST 800-82, HSE OG-82, NIS Directive, ISO27001
- Must be able to travel within UK and overseas
- Professional consulting experience (or similar relevant experience of advising and delivering technical solutions to Customers)
- Experience consulting within IT and OT sector of Oil, Gas or chemicals industries (desirable)
- An understanding of implementing security within an industrial control system environment and understanding of the differences between security for IT and OT (desirable)
- Knowledge of one or more object oriented programming language (desirable)
- Working knowledge of security products including SIEMs (desirable)
- Certified in: TISP, CISM, CISA, CISSP, GSEC, GRID ISO27001, IEC 62443 or similar ;
- Experience designing and implementing security architectures for IT/OT systems
- Certified in either: CISSP, CISA, CISM, CCNA, CCNP or similar
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.