Senior Process Engineer- North
Billingham, Durham, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
To support the process engineer team in a senior role. The role will be based in Warrington or Belasis. This is will include leading projects as required ensuring customer requirement are met on time and within the allocated budget. The role also requires the engineer to support junior engineers in their development, authoring and checking project deliverables, developing internal standards and methodologies and supporting marketing activities such as authoring of articles.
This will include visiting customers to scope out projects and develop the proposal.
- Either as lead engineer or senior member of the team - evaluates, selects and applies standard techniques, procedures and criteria to perform tasks or sequence of tasks, for conventional projects with complex features. Executes assignments using established solutions.
- Main responsibilities will be to carry out the following functions: authoring technical deliverables, checking project deliverables, supporting junior engineers
- Assists in creating proposals for projects through coordination of proposal documents and engineering estimates.
- Interacts with customers, contractors, suppliers. Attends project meetings and presents all technical aspects of project assignments.
- Supports Contract Manager in issuing claims (new scope of work, cost impact, time impact, risk quantifications, etc.)
- Creates work plans and cost estimates in one’s area of responsibility
- Collaborate and network with engineering colleagues within ABB. Share best practice across different projects and disciplines.
- Utilizes standard processes, tools and techniques. Ensures that engineering activities comply with required safety regulations, standards and contractual requirements.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate teams in the engineering discipline on high/medium complexity projects.
- Degree qualified process engineer
- Chartered status
- Strong consultancy and communications skills
- Experience is delivering projects to a variety of clients
- Experience in pressure relief: API 521, API 520 part 1, API 520 part 2
- Must be able to travel within UK and overseas
- Professional consulting experience (or similar relevant experience of advising and delivering technical solutions to Customers) (desirable)
- Operational and consulting / design experience (desirable)
- Process simulation experience e.g. HYSYS and Aspen (desirable)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.