Talent Management Partner Power Grids Northern Europe Hub
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
In this exciting role, you will be working in a small team of dedicated human resources professionals focused on talent management (TM) and organizational development for the Power Grids (PG) business.
The newly created talent management team, lead by the TM Team Lead for Northern Europe (based in Sweden), will manage succession planning and talent reviews, leadership development, change management, diversity & inclusion, performance management and employee engagement, among other areas. As Talent Management Partner, you will be able to work on several or all of these areas. You’ll be one of three dedicated team members, so you will play a very important role for TM in the Northern Europe hub, which includes 12 countries: Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Russia, Poland, Estonia, Ukraine, The Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom and Ireland.
About the organization: Power Grids is the world's leading supplier of power and automation products, systems and service solutions for the entire value chain from power generation to the transmission and distribution of electricity. The offer spans transformers, high voltage products, systems for power transmission and solutions and automation for integration and interconnecting power grids – to enable a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
- Performance Management – as a part of the TM team, you’ll support the design and ensure smooth implementation of global processes and policies in the area of performance management in line with the Power Grids business values and strategy
- Diversity and Inclusion – our team will drive Diversity and Inclusion initiatives in Northern Europe and ensure its inclusion in all Talent Management processes, in Power Grid’s culture, and as part of the employee value proposition
- Workforce Analysis – TM will support PG leadership by identifying critical workforce requirements necessary to achieve current and future business results, analyzing and reporting on TM and performance metrics, and identifying Power Grid’s future workforce needs as compared to internal and external labor markets
- Employee engagement – the team will be responsible for employee engagement survey rollouts, results analysis and reporting, and support follow-up actions to increase employee engagement
- Succession Planning – the TM team will support leaders in succession planning by providing analysis of current state and potential threats; we’ll also drive the identification of, and insights on, high potential talent and related development actions for said talent
- Workforce Planning – we will develop and present organizational structures and staffing models based on internal talent benchstrength in close collaboration with talent acquisition and learning and development (L&D); we’ll closely collaborate with human resource business partners (HRBPs) and the talent acquisition team on strategic workforce planning and upskilling of employees
- Change Management – TM will ensure, through expertise and coaching, that organization design, culture change, organization transformation and change management is driven successfully via Power Grid’s leaders
- Talent Development and Assessment – we’ll collaborate with the L&D and trainee program teams – providing input to prepare development programs for targeted groups of employees (e.g. first line people managers, diverse groups of employees, high potentials)
- Career Development – the TM team will provide and promote career frameworks and guidance to Power Grids employees
- Thought Leadership – our team will educate and support people managers with the important work of developing employees, rewarding high performers, and addressing low performance
- Building a TM Community – TM in N. Europe will foster a global network of talent management professionals together with our TM colleagues across the world, to collaborate, exchange expertise and best practices, and drive global TM processes across business areas and geographies
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in human resources, business administration, or similar
- Understanding of, and a strong interest in, performance management, succession planning, and development program general philosophies and methodologies
- Experience or strong interest in leading and driving change initiatives
- Familiarity with leadership assessment and feedback giving practices is preferred but not required
- A general understanding of business environments and their implications for talent management processes
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization
- We think that you, who are a good fit for this role, are optimistic, have a “can do” attitude, are flexible and open minded, and have a strong intercultural competence
- This work requires data handling and analysis, so you need to have strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in using the Windows Office suite is required; advanced knowledge and experience of using Excel is preferred
- Fluency in English is required and any additional language skills are beneficial
- You should be willing and able to travel to our internal customers across N. Europe if/when needed, up to about 20% of the time
More about us
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB Power Grids is a place where everyone is given opportunities to grow. Whatever background you bring to us, and however you identify yourself, we encourage you to apply if you think this job would make you excited to come to work every day. Join our team and help us shape the future of sustainable energy through a stronger, smarter, and greener grid.
Welcome to apply! Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until February 2020 so don’t delay – apply today! Job ID GB72623129.