NPI Project Manager
Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for the successful execution & delivery of NPI projects for the company’s industrial instrumentation products. The successful candidate will be enthusiastic, able to work well within a cross functional team environment and able to communicate clearly with management as well as peers.
- Lead and manage NPI projects and coordinate work of cross-functional project team/s. Motivate and monitor internal and/or external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones.
- Manage the cost, schedule and specification objectives of the projects within a program and manages interdependencies between projects.
- Ensure robust project plans are developed and updated for each project.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that relevant Gate checklists & reports are completed. Prepare regular updates/reports for the project steering committee and product line / business unit management.
- Pro-actively manage all project critical paths to ensure these are as short as possible and constantly tracked to minimise any slippages.
- Work with relevant functions (supply chain, manufacturing, product management, production engineering, service, etc) to ensure that the priorities are understood and that capabilities exist across all relevant functions to deliver on time.
- Ensure transparency around project change requests, unforeseen results/events and identified risks and ensure that they are properly managed and communicated. Ensure that all opportunities are captured and acted upon.
- Serve as the key contact for stakeholders, and an escalation point for program/project issues. Effectively communicate appropriate information to stakeholders in a timely manner and to achieve desired understanding and support.
- Initiate the development and implementation of project management requirements, processes, methods, techniques, tools and guidelines.
- HND/Degree or equivalent in relevant subject (Business, NPI, Engineering) with proven ability to manage multi-function projects.
- Competent in using Microsoft Project.
- Self-motivated, able to take the initiative.
- Good communication skills – able to express opinions/judgements clearly, make presentations and undertake public speaking with confidence.
- Presents complex problems succinctly.
- Recognised project management qualification certification. (PMP® / PRINCE 2, etc) (desirable)
- Experience of working in a multi-site and matrix organisation. (desirable)
- Experience of project portfolio management. (desirable)
- Experience of Risk Management Techniques and tools. (desirable)
- Minimum 5 year project management experience. (desirable)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.