Pre-Sales Consultant – Energy Portfolio Management
Woking, United Kingdom
- Job type
Who Are We?
ABB: Powered by people. Fuelled by knowledge.
Today’s world faces unprecedented technological change and digitalisation. Within our Energy Portfolio Management (EPM) group, we help our clients turn their energy market strategies into actionable results with a unique combination of software, data and advisory services.
EPM solutions cover the following major areas of the electricity industry and energy markets:
Energy trading solutions (applicable to both wholesale and retail market participants);
Software to aid generation portfolio optimisation, short to long-term planning and energy market forecasting;
Electricity price forecasting and energy market outlook reports; and
Electricity system data (market simulation and outlook).
What Is The Role?
Through your knowledge of regional energy markets and consultative business development techniques, you will work with our Sales & Marketing team as a subject matter experts to influence software and services sales across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA).
- Client interaction & travel: Spend about 50% of your time face-to-face with identified prospects and named clients in EMEA.
- Represent our group at industry events and trade shows.
- Sales target achievement: Analyse customers' needs and recommend solutions that best meet their requirements.
- Assist in bid response. Probe for and identify client pain points and goals.
- Pursue leads to build qualified pipeline of orders.
- Develop broad relationships within identified accounts at all levels of the organisation and maintain regular contact with clients.
- Effectively articulate and present technical information in both pre-and post-sales capacities across a variety of audiences with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Work with our sales teams to create high-calibre, value-focused client presentations and coordinate software demos.
- Prepare for internal sales meetings, have data readily available, and follow up on open issues/concerns.
- Strategy development: Assist in developing account and territory marketing and sales plans.
- Develop competitive strategies.
- Provide feedback and recommendations on market demands in EMEA for shaping product roadmap strategies.
- Analysis and knowledge sharing: Collaborate, acquire and share detailed competitive insight.
- Coordinate consulting services for addressing client issues both during and post-implementation.
- Investigate and help resolve client problems if requested.
- Communicate effectively using a variety of media, including webinars, conference calls, emails, etc.
- Assist with EPM product releases.
- Update and maintain customer data and other sales data as required in our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system.
- Stay up-to-date on energy industry dynamics and news.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the EMEA Energy & Utilities industry, especially the energy markets (including forecasting, planning and optimization concepts).
- A Bachelors’ degree or higher in Economics, Business Administration, Mathematics, Engineering, Operational Research, Technology Management or related disciplines.
- A proven track record (or demonstrated ability) of client engagement in the software sector, leading to successful pipeline and business growth.
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities and the ability to deliver professional and persuasive presentations (English language proficiency required).
- Working knowledge of other European language(s) is an asset.
More about us
When you work at ABB, you have the opportunity to build a legacy as together we create a better world. You work with a team that has intelligence, integrity, a global mind-set and the desire to make a difference. We value diversity and believe that looking at challenges from many different perspectives remains fundamental to our overall business success. Our culture is hands-on and hardworking, approachable and adventurous, inviting and innovative.
As ABB tackles some of the most challenging sustainability issues facing the world today, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, expand your horizons and grow in your professional career. ABB offers employees a variety of development opportunities, both on-the-job and through in-house training programs and a comprehensive package. You will be on the leading edge of technologies that power the world sustainably – now and in the future.