Region Service Sales Specialist
Home Based, United Kingdom
- Job type
ABB Data Privacy Statement:
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking to recruit a Sales Specialist to contribute to the orders budget within Electrification service business and develop the strategy to deliver profitable growth within the service portfolio.
- Identify and deliver opportunities for servicing and maintenance activities on the large installed base of ABB Medium and Low Voltage products;
- Provide customers with excellent support within the sales processes;
- Manage and drive growth within the product portfolio, managing pricing and margins to ensure that targets are met;
- Utilization of prospect/activity tools and systems, and timely updates of relevant information held in these systems i.e. Salesforce
- Monitor prospects, market and competitor activities and provide the relevant reports and information;
- Contribute to the sales team within the EL service businesses and ensure collaboration and sharing of information and opportunities;
- Liaise closely with the company’s engineers and customers on both technical and commercial issues that arise as part of the tender development process;
- Attend and present at both external customer and internal meetings;
- Develop new customer leads;
- Forecast accurately and on time of orders;
- To constantly seek to improve quality standards in all aspects of our operations;
- Maximize the scope of the existing EL Service with delivery of added value solutions to customers;
- Understanding of Customer Service principles and their effect on the business;
- Working in line with ABB group directives and policies;
- Ensure ethical behavior in line with code of conduct;
- Integrate with the wider Country Service Team and other ABB business areas developing cross business opportunities;
- Manage the environmental risks associated with the business unit;
- To ensure compliance with Quality Management System, Health & Safety Procedures and Accountancy Policies;
- Interact and Manage key customers and their expectations of MV and LV products;
- Ensure legal compliance for customers;
- Responsive to customer requests;
- Planning & organising of own time and sales team function to ensure key deadlines are met for both internal and external customers.
- Essential: Minimum Qualification to HNC level or equivalent;
- Experience within the Electrical industry;
- Quotation production experience;
- Sales experience and proven track record of delivering results;
- Use of CRM tools;
- Sales planning ability;
- Excellent Communication Skills, Good networking and Strong Interpersonal skills.
- Desirable: Knowledge of ‘intelligent’ systems (PLC Controls, DCS systems, communication protocols, etc);
- Knowledge of basic commercial law/terms and conditions would also be an advantage
- Knowledge of key market sectors;
- Management and coordination experience.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.