Business Development Engineer
Home Based, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Responsible for sales of complex variable speed drive applications and solutions (LV and MV) across multiple UK markets where the ABB can deliver differentiation and value. Proactive in the pursuit of new business and customer relationships. Management of key accounts.
- Customer facing role selling large Variable Speed Drives, Motors and Automation Control technology solutions.
- Considers and evaluates cost effective options and solutions in competitive situations.
- Leads customer visits for equipment audit and technical sales meetings.
- Understands the commercial requirements of both ABB and the customer and liaise with ABB legal team (if and when necessary) to determine an acceptable position and compliance with governance.
- Assists with technical and commercial offers documents based on customer specification requirements and solution agreed with the engineering team.
- Assists with providing supporting documentation such as project plans, solution overview diagrams and equipment user manuals.
- Participates in bid and risk reviews to ensure compliant approved bids are provided for your clients.
- Interacts with customers, contractors, and other stakeholders. Provides technical guidance on design related queries and ensures customer's technical requirements for equipment or services are communicated and agreed on with suppliers (will have the full technical backing of the engineering team).
- Assists with collaboration with the supply chain function (ABB and 3rd Party) to establish relationships and package solutions.
- Evaluates suppliers’ proposals and ensures that they meet with the requirements.
- Manages the opportunities through the pipeline / sales lifecycle in SFDC. Actively chases pursuits through to customer order placement.
- Develops and/or recommends improvements to processes and tools.
- Formal Qualification in electrical/electronic engineering to HNC, HND or Degree level.
- Appropriate technical and sales experience.
- Desirable: Degree in Electrical Engineering, Chartered Engineer.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.