REGION HEALTH, SAFETY AND ENVIRONMENT MANAGER
Stone, Staffordshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Lead and manage optimized Center of Expertise (CoE) support to business in assigned Region and constituent countries to comply with local Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Human Rights law. Ensure fiduciary risks are managed through Country SA/HSE Board. Exert clear focus on organizational leadership and on maximizing business value by providing subject matter expertise.
- 1. Governance and organization
- Establishes and maintains shared services to deliver on key improvement programs and audit activities to the Divisions and Business Units. Provides point of contact and communicates with Country Managing Directors and Division/Business Unit HSE Managers.
- 2. Metrics
- Monitors that constituent businesses collect and report on incidents and performance, utilizing Group key performance indicators (KPIs), in a timely and accurate way.
- 3. Regulatory compliance
- Supports business to comply with local HSE law and Human Rights laws. Ensures fiduciary risks are managed through Country SA/HSE Board.
- 4. Risk management
- Ensures Local Business Units within the Region comply with HSE and Human Rights laws. Supports CoE Manager in preparing and delivering audits, including administration and logistics. Contributes to ensuring that improvement actions in the local Business Units are implemented.
- 5. Communication and engagement
- Cooperates across functions and with business partners to raise awareness and drive performance, engages with internal and external stakeholders to build commitment and credibility for the CoE.
- 6. Continuous improvement
- Contributes to driving behavioral change though delivery of training, and supports Local Business Units in planning and implementation of continuous improvement projects and sharing of best practice in line with Group directives.
- 7. Budget
- Participates in defining annual budget for area of responsibility and is accountable for managing performance against agreed financial targets and constraints.
- 9. Project management
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors.
- 10. People leadership and development
- Ensures area of responsibility is appropriately organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct/indirect subordinates within HR policies. Effects people decisions.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.