Global Communication Specialist
Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
- Job type
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Smart Buildings digitally transforms commercial, industrial and residential buildings for the highest comfort, efficiency, safety and security - enhancing quality of life in the buildings of the future, through sustainable electrification solutions, services and products.
In this role you will be developing, planning and implementing communications for a variety of internal and external channels to reach key audiences delivering against defined strategic communications objectives. In this role, you will report to the Global Marketing and Communications Manager for Smart Buildings and work closely with the Division Leadership Team to create -innovative content. You will be a strong writer, with a key focus on building Thought Leadership using various communications tools to convey the Business messaging for the Leadership Team.
- Developing and implementing communications programs and messages following briefings from Division Leadership Team, including internal and external presentations, social media posts, newsletters, articles and web content. Direct content to educate and inform key stakeholders including customers, management, employees, media and interest groups.
- Ensuring executional excellence throughout the area of responsibility for all communications measures in line with brand positioning, corporate identity/design guidelines and global strategy.
- Building messaging framework to position the sustainability efforts and solution from the Division and roll it out accordingly.
- Actively recommending and contributing to cross-Division communications projects. Advising on communications programs and supply channels to maximize cost efficiency and minimize overlap among businesses.
- Implementing agreed communications plan applying all effective media and supervises or manages production and supplier relations.
- Supporting key management with personal communications materials including presentations, speeches, articles, and employee recognition.
- Supporting key events such as trade exhibitions, customer seminars and employee meetings.
- Content development aligned with key messaging for the Business that supports Leadership Teams requirements.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communication / Business.
- 5+ years of experience in business communication, marketing, business journalism, or related area.
- Native-level English speaker.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- Ability to produce clear and concise presentations and reports.
- Proficiency with power point, word, social media platforms.
- Able to work independently and proactively but also a collaborative team player, who works well with multi-functional groups.
- Performance-driven and comfortable with working in a dynamic global environment to tight deadlines.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Corporate Talent Team, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.