Corporate Strategy Manager/Analyst
Zürich, Generic, Global
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
The Strategy function supports the ABB CEO and Executive Committee on key strategic topics. This role will provide you opportunities to develop relevant skills and a broad network to transition to a business role or a more senior role in Corporate Strategy within a few years. Responsible for leading work streams, conducting research and performing analysis to support strategic decision making. Deliverables include impact analysis of market entries or withdrawals, competitor and industry analysis, business acquisitions, joint ventures. We are searching for two positions – one at Manager and one at Analyst level.
• Lead and execute analysis that will yield critical answers to key questions. Understand the required data set needed to complete the analysis, procure it, and perform the analysis independently
• Collect market information and perform competitive or financial analysis on key industries, competition, end markets, and build business cases to develop and evaluate potential growth opportunities for ABB businesses
• Communicate and present outcomes clearly and concisely within working group
• Participate and contribute in working meetings or workshops with participants from outside the Corporate Strategy team
• Support project managers and business management in daily tasks, e.g. the preparation of meetings and workshops
• Interact with other parts of the ABB organization, e.g. business functions of global and local product groups and/or other group functions
• Manage Analysts in work streams where applicable
• Bachelor or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or related field
• Approx. 5 years business experience (for Analyst role, approx. 2-3 years) in relevant positions within ABB, or in Management Consulting, Strategic Planning, Corporate Strategy, Business Development, Market Research, Investment Banking, Venture Capital/Private Equity (excluding internships); ABB end market knowledge is a plus
• Strong problem structuring and solving skills
• Previous experience in managing work streams and driving them to results; experience in managing junior colleagues a plus
• Demonstrated ability to perform analysis and financial modeling in a high-quality fashion; strong proficiency in using the required tools (MS Office suite)
• Strong written and verbal communication skills (English mandatory, secondary languages are a bonus)
• Demonstrate ability to work effectively in a team-based, collaborative environment
More about us
Interested in joining the team? We look forward to receiving your application via the online careers portal (www.abb.com/careers). Please submit your CV and motivation letter in English – documents in other languages will not be reviewed. Let’s write the future. Together
Global Talent Team HQ
We reserve the right to withdraw the posting at any time.
Add the jobs you want to consider to your shortlist and review later.
Please note that your shortlist is saved locally and will be available only on the same device.
Send the shortlisted jobs to your e-mail.
Your shortlist was successfully sent.
Something went wrong.
Please enter a valid e-mail address.