Media Relations & Content Manager
Rotterdam, Zuid-Holland, Netherlands
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy
ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
In this role, you will be responsible for strengthening ABB Process Industries internal and external reputation through developing and implementing media relations and content plans internationally. Leading on media relations that will generate excellent press coverage as well as communications on campaigns and projects to protect and enhance the reputation of ABB.
- Developing and managing ABBs’ Process Industries internal and external media relations and content plans and necessary processes.
- Developing and implementing key corporate messages based on the company’s vision, values and strategies.
- Managing media relations in cooperation with external agencies.
- Producing content for the group's various internal and external communication channels, including thought leadership articles, press releases, internal newsletters etc.Managing social media channels.
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of media presence. Initiate and implement improvement actions.
- Supporting the organization with questions/issues related to internal and external communications, including advice on development of content, speeches. Be part of the crisis communications team.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- MSc in PR / communications or similar or educated to degree standard plus a recognized PR / communications qualification (CIM/CAM/CIPR)
- Minimum 6-10 years’ professional work experience in communications roles.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development in the communications field
- Excellent communications skills – written and verbal (fluent in English). Communications/public relations experience.
- Experience of development and implementation of media relations strategy including success at thought leadership
- Experience within a complex organization. Demonstrable experience of implementing story and campaign ideas.
- Proven experience of creating opportunities and working collaboratively with internal and external partners. Evidence of ability to deliver against targets.
- Substantial national media relations expertise including working with national print and broadcast journalists on a regular basis.
- Willingness to travel abroad regularly.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw the posting at any time