Research Funding Manager Industrial Automation (IA) Marine and Ports (IAMP)
Västerås, Vaestmanland County, Sweden
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
IA Business is currently seeking a Research Manager for the Marine & Ports business line. They will be responsible to ensure success in growing our business in a global environment, with a view towards meeting future customer value propositions, as part of our Marine & Ports business line’s Technology organization
- Managing the research portfolio within the business line, encompassing research done in consortia consisting of one or more of Marine & Ports’ local business lines, and including ABB Corporate Research Centers, and external and third-party partners
- Landscape awareness, scanning, and homing in on Marine & Ports’ access to third-party, governmental, supra-national, international, developmental, defense and security, and civilian society funding for research and development
- Based on the above, choosing, committing to, building a consortium, and forming and leading internally in ABB Marine & Ports a proposal capture team, for preparation of national (mainly Norway, Sweden, and Finland), EU, and instrument proposals
- Building and leading selected research programs and associated R&D ecosystem consortia
- Driving outside-in best practices for R&D execution based on identified external world class performance
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- M.Sc. or PhD. in Engineering (for example in mechanical, electrical, or software)
- Proven track record in national and EU funding instruments and proposal preparation
- Several years’ experience in an R&D or product development function
- Excellent written and presentation skills in English, other European languages are an advantage
- Good planning and leadership skills
- A proactive, and systematic way of working with pronounced attention to detail
- Willingness to travel
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Global Talent Partner