Global Media and Content Manager
St Neots, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Measurement & Analytics business line is among the world's leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB's team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably.
The global media and content manager will be responsible for strengthening the internal and external reputation of Measurement & Analytics through developing and implementing communication plans internationally.
- Developing and managing internal and external communications plans and necessary processes.
- Broaden awareness of the Measurement & Analytics market leadership and increase the visibility of its products and services across key stakeholder audiences globally.
- Working closely with stakeholders to identify and develop compelling stories, pitches, press releases, speeches, presentations, fact sheets, and position papers.
- Supporting key executives with thought leadership content, speaking opportunities as well as media training.
- Working with the global team to create and manage announcements, campaigns and media strategy.
- Managing media relations in cooperation with external agencies
- Monitoring and measuring the effectiveness of media presence and internal communications and initiate and implement improvement actions.
- Supporting the organization with questions/issues related to internal and external communications, including advice on development of content, speeches, power point, pictures and videos.
- Planning, supporting, preparing and managing responses to positive and negative inquiries from external sources – includes crisis and issue-related media and social media escalations and responses.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role within industrial companies
- Sound experience from communications, journalism, media, PR or similar
- Ability to express technically complex content in easy to understand form
- Significant experience with writing, editing and producing content for internal and external communication channels
- Open-minded, autonomous and ready to explore new things and challenges every day
- Self-starter, strong networker with an interest in technology issues and strategic thinking capability combined with hands-on approach to translate plans to actions and monitor and report on progress
- Fluent English, preferably native English
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw the posting at any time.