Product Group Operations Project Manager
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for driving implementation of global changes within the Product Group. Global process changes and improvements.
- Executing assigned projects in accordance with ABB project management models
- Coordinating resources or sub projects within other global functions
- Coordinating sub-projects or work packages in LPG’s and/or Plants
- Coordinating with and reporting to Business or Business Line Project Managing in case of cross BL/PG projects.
- Facilitate project plan development, resource planning and risk management with assigned Local Project Managers.
- Participate in analyzing potential changes in footprint, develop business case and prepare CIMT material where needed.
- Actively work to develop project management models and tools in collaboration with the project management community
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business, Finance, Science, Technical or related discipline; MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in project management. Prior managerial experience is preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience in a manufacturing company in two or more of the following disciplines: Operations, Product Management, Supply Chain, Finance, Engineering, Product Management, Planning or Procurement
- Ability to navigate international organizations; demonstrated ability to achieve results through influence in a cross functional, matrixed team environment.
- Ability to collaborate and lead virtual teams is essential
- Strong level of understanding Transition / Change Management concepts, models and best practices. Previous experience in significant, large scale, global process and system implementations preferred
- Must be highly motivated, goal and results oriented, demonstrates a bias for action and disciplined execution
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively; anticipate problems and opportunities; develop and implement vision.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster strong cross-functional relationships.
- High energy individual with strong verbal & written communication & presentation skills; ability to communicate at executive levels inside and outside the company.
- Global business experience, preferably in Eastern and Western Europe, Asia
- Experience presenting to and influencing senior leadership
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd