Electrification Talent and Learning Partner
Xiamen, Fujian, China
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
In this newly established role, you will be responsible for defining and implementing best in class standards and solutions for Talent Management and Learning within a specified geographic region of the Electrification business to ensure the right capabilities are available today and tomorrow, in line with the strategic objectives of the business in order to drive profitable growth.
This position will engage with HR Business Partners, Business Leaders and the People Development team to ensure alignment with ABB Group strategies, guardrails and best practices.
Two positions are available. The locations are Atlanta in the US, and Xiamen in China (Beijing may be an alternative in China).
- Developing understanding of the strategic business priorities, key success factors, commercial market, and customers for Electrification business. Ensuring diversity and inclusion principles are a core tenet for the business, including attracting and retaining diverse talent in the business.
- Translating the Talent & Learning strategy and global T&L programs, policies, services, etc. into action in responsible geography. Leading one or several core topics for Electrification Talent and Learning globally (e. g. Succession Planning, Strategic Capability and Workforce Planning, Diversity and Inclusion).
- Contributing to the design of the Global Talent & Learning Strategy by actively sharing inputs from the local geography and industry best practice.
- Proactively identifying T&L needs on geography level based on business and business line requirements in partnership with the responsible HRBP, and implement, reporting experiences and learnings to the Global Talent and Learning team.
- Ensuring effective implementation of talent management programs: e.g. Talent Identification, Career Development, People Review Session (PRS), Succession Planning, strategic Capability and Workforce Planning, high potential programs to include planning, stakeholder engagement, learning and communications efforts.
- Delivering on Learning programs to support the business strategy and profitable growth: e. g. competency development, skill building and organizational effectiveness. Working with the corporate learning pyramid to maximize impact and where needed design and deliver learning solutions to meet specific Business needs (excluding corporate pyramidal programs) including learning needs assessment, learning plans, learning methods and solutions (on-the-job, classroom and online) and ROI/KPI for the solutions.
- Defining the operating model for assigned talent and learning programs and delivery including make vs. buy decisions, provider management, program design, implementation and review / evaluation.
- Ensuring that all Talent and Learning related data (e.g., nominations, participations) is up to date in the relevant systems and platforms (HRGT, LMS, etc.). Liaise frequently with the associated systems partners (esp. GBS, IS, external providers) to collaborate on system optimizations, change requests and possible harmonization.
- Build strategic partnerships and relationships with third parties: universities (for talent supply), consultancies (for market insights), coaches etc. to complement and enable the business strategy when required.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Master’s Degree highly preferred, Bachelor’s degree required
- Professional with 5-10 years’ experience in HR, either as HRBP or with focus in talent management, learning or organizational development.
- Experience consulting and advising business leaders, HRBPs on Talent and Learning agenda
- Awareness / expertise of defined / assigned geographic area and market, talent drivers in that geography
- Experience with implementation of talent and learning initiatives in a global environment and working across multiple geographies and within a virtual team
- Resilience and ability to work with ambiguity and changing set of circumstances and issues
- Excellent relationship building ability across stakeholders with a collaborative approach.
- Self-driven, energetic, enthusiastic and inclusive; creating or responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
- Workday and other advanced HR tools experience preferred
- Fluency in English
- Proficient using MS Office tools (SharePoint, PowerPoint, Excel)
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together.
We reserve the right to withdraw the posting at any time.