Global Mobility Compliance & Risk Manager
Singapore, Singapore, Singapore
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Support the management of employee movement across the globe and the compliance of the global mobility program worldwide with both external regulations and internal guidance.
- Working closely with the Mobility Manager GBS Expert Services to understand the requirements necessary for the management of global mobility across the organization and to operationalize the Global Mobility strategy in a compliant way.
- Managing understanding of different country requirements for immigration, tax and jurisprudence. Providing oversight to the rest of the mobility team and support the Global Mobility Key Account Managers (KAMs) in their business consultation on such matters.
- Tracking requirements of new laws, regulations and other guidance to the GBS Expert Services Team, Mobility Policy Manager global HRBPs and Global Mobility KAMs.
- Taking global responsibility for maintaining a high compliance level, identify and mitigate risks for the ABB global mobility framework.
- Managing the global compliance adviser relationship, to ensure quality of service, efficiency and continuous cost optimization.
- Consolidating internal and external professional advice, providing guidance to the business on risk outcomes, including tax, immigration and legal.
- Serving as the advisor and interface for Group Tax to the mobility team and interpret the corporate tax advice surrounding Permanent Establishment (PE) and transfer pricing regulations, so that these can be effectively applied in the mobility context.
- Conducting regular risk reviews and audits across the mobility population, including liaison with internal and external auditors.
- Conducting due diligence requirements for mobility across ABB’s locations.
- Developing and maintaining a knowledge bank of global due diligence, grows and retains expertise on legislation in different countries.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Any Bachelors degree, preferred legal degree.
- Minimum 5 years’ HR experience, with at least 3-5 years’ experience in managing global mobility matters.
- Strong communication skills and able to interact with people of different cultures and nationalities.
- Sufficient experience and gravitas to operate at Group level and influence key stakeholders.
- Confident and able to maintain relationships at varying levels of seniority.
- A strong understanding of both personal and corporate tax issues and how these can be affected by people movement.
- A strong understanding and discipline for compliance requirements in the field of global mobility.
- A strong knowledge of global mobility issues including immigration, tax, policy development, cross-border working, compensation practice, benefit management and issue resolution.
- Good IT skills and ability to interpret data to report on trends and common themes.
- Detail focused with experience of handling complex subjects.
- Comfortable working within an international environment and across diverse cultures.
- Good organizational, planning and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Delivery focused and able to work to tight deadlines.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and handle sensitive information.
- Understanding of Supply Chain Management risks as defined in The ABB Risk Catalogue for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) as well as internal controls on vendor management (P2P).
- Fluent in spoken and written English; additional languages preferable.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day.
Talent Acquisition and Advancement
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.