R&D Testing and Enginnering Tool Manager
Shanghai, Shanghai, China
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
In this role, you will be responsible for Implementing technology development and growth strategies to enhance ABB’s global position and profitability in the medium/long term. Manage research and development (R&D) activities and resources by implementing technology projects using local and/or internationally located resources focused on a specific technology or functional area (e.g. hardware/software/electronic/ mechanical).
- Developing, maintaining and managing global testing procedures and guidelines for all production units.
- Securing and coordinating cross-functionally with development teams for engineering tools, prototyping and testing.
- Maintaining and securing the test reports, standards and certificates required, together with production unit/LPG test field responsible.
- Securing continuous supports from BL simulation team on various engineering tool development, together with PG Technology Manager.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A M.Sc. or Ph.D. in engineering or physics, with preference in electric power engineering and specialization in electrical motors
- At least 8 years of working experience
- At least 3 years of previous experience in a management position or managerial experience, as well as experience of organizational leadership, R&D processes, platforms and working in a global working environment.
- Knowledge of products, manufacturing processes, as well as team-building.
- Experience of Lean Six Sigma
- Fluent written and spoken skills in English
- Self-driven and results focused
- Commitment to managing change, Effective communicator Organizational skills
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd