Technical L&D Consultant
Coventry, Warwickshire, United Kingdom
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
As a Global Technical L&D Consultant in the ABB Electrification Academy, you manage a portfolio of business-driven training programs, enabling our front-end sales teams to continuously improve their performance in more than 100
countries with a strong focus on customer value proposition and digital transformation.
Leveraging your electrical engineering expertise, your experience with energy industry segment sales processes, as well as your leadership skills your will not only learn from, but also inspire our leaders and experts around the globe. In partnership with them, you will define and build around key competencies
driving business success and superior customer experience. Self-motivated, organized and result-oriented, you are ready to lead people development actions that will impact positively and lastingly the way we do business globally.
- Identifying skills, knowledge and best practices, including those related to digital transformation, helping targeted learners (front-end sales specialists, application engineers/tenderers, segment business developers) to perform successfully in their job during the sales process, for segments, applications and channels assigned to you.
- Driving the development of business-driven and learner-centered training programs around identified competency objectives, including assessment
- and certification milestones. Collaborating with other L&D consultants to curate available modules contributing to your program objectives.
- Managing your planning, budget and vendors, as well as cross-functional teams of experts, to produce required courseware, emphasizing self-paced and virtual classroom learning, and integrating value proposition methods and metrics where possible.
- Supporting the cascading and adoption of your learning programs by our sales organizations and distributors/ channel partners, as well as module localization/translation actions to meet all relevant country/sub-region languages, standards and market specifics.
- Managing the transfer of competencies to local trainers and provide them with necessary training documentation/material to facilitate instructor- led courses listed in your learning programs
- Promoting your learning programs and initiatives internally (Yammer, Intranet, Newsletters, etc.) and externally (Internet, LinkedIn, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, etc.).
- Responding to key performance indicators measuring impact of your learning programs on sales performance.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- A degree in electrical engineering
- 5 years’ or more experience in sales and/ or marketing roles in the energy industry, ideally contributing to training initiatives
- Full professional proficiency in English, spoken and written
- Manage programs/projects, including budget, planning and management
- update reports
- Conduct virtual interviews, workshops and meetings
- Use search engines, social media and other modern tools to find/share information
- Work effectively remote from your team and partners in a global matrix organization
- Lead and inspire cross-functional teams, including vendors and external consultants
- Overcome most obstacles you’re faced with to achieve your objectives and deliver against expectations
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time