Global Category Lead Hardware & Print
Mannheim, Baden-Wurttemberg, Germany
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
You will be working as a Global Category Lead Hardware & Print and will be reporting to the Global Head IS Sourcing. You will be responsible for developing, planning and implementing Procurement and Logistics (PL) strategy for sourcing of hardware, user devices, infrastructure as a service and printing devices/services focused on optimizing costs, quality, delivery and reliability of suppliers and supplied products for an assigned category.
- Ensuring close collaboration with internal stakeholders (Group Function IS (GF IS)) and executing in accordance with Company, PL and Indirect Material and Services (IM&S) instructions and procedures.
- Ensuring achievement of cost reduction targets for the hardware & print categories and target achievement according to the IM&S operational dashboard (especially cost reduction/avoidance, supplier reduction, PO coverage).
- Responsible for monitoring that the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS) methodology is applied in a meaning full and pragmatic manner.
- Facilitating sourcing strategy review meetings involving internal clients and develop category strategies in order to meet internal customer needs and cost reduction targets.
- Leading major global contracts negotiations in relation to contract and commercial matters (contract drafting, contract negotiations, risk analysis) and leading legal negotiations within the boundaries.
- Aligning negotiation strategies with internal clients and leading and supporting Tactical Buyers team in negotiations of IT contracts.
- Driving category related RFIs and RFQs and actively managing preferred suppliers and running regular review meeting.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- University Degree in related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Strategic Sourcing.
- Substantial understanding of the legal aspects in the context of IT sourcing and expertise in commercial aspects in the context of assigned sourcing category.
- Wide range knowhow in Supplier’s Management and Project Management.
- Excellent communication skills in English is a must.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time