Global Product Manager for Digital and Cloud-based Product Offer
Kraków, Małopolskie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
You will be working as a Global Product Manager for Digital Products in our Electrification Business Area. In this role, you will be defining and developing, the market positioning, the pricing and launching of digital products and services which includes asset management, remote condition monitoring, analytics, energy management and ABB cross-sector solutions in reference to modern needs of Critical Power Customer in the Digital Age. You will also be leading the market intelligence analysis and supporting the Global Product Management in verifying technical and market specification for Group of Products of Connectivity and System Solutions.
- Owning the technical and market specification, determining a business plan, supporting sustainable growth and acting as interface between internal functions and both external market and other ABB Division / Business Unit.
- Defining new plans, setting technical price, cost and capital expenditure targets and driving the strategy for the development of new digital products in accordance with BU Digital Strategy.
- Defining product customer value proposition per segment and channel and ensuring clear communication to channels and users, for delivering clear positioning.
- Managing different channel (Marketplace included) for marketing scenarios in coordination with channel partners and Marketing & Sales for ensuring best market coverage.
- Responsible for profitability and margin mainly in reference to new business model to be defined for new digital / cloud-based products offering and defining new business model in the digital age of ABB Power Protection cloud-based product offer.
- Leveraging ABB Market Place platform for extending the market coverage and making digital solution product more profitable and working at the definition of an analytics platform leveraging the amount of data coming from critical power assets.
- Developing and maintaining software application for local monitoring and control, server shutdown, energy optimization, mobile Apps relative to the critical power environment.
- Rationalizing and standardizing the various connectivity option across the different product lines and managing the System and Connectivity Global Product portfolio ensuring the services/protocol are supported.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in engineering (like Computer, Telecommunication, Software engineering).
- 3+ years of experience as Product Manager or Owner with experience in SaaS/Subscription based products with a freemium product offering.
- Experience with Business Models associated to Digital products also through Marketplace platform (such as Physical Freemium, Pay per use / Servitization, Digital Add-on, Digital Lock-in).
- Experience with cloud-based highly technical product offer with knowledge in Critical Power market or UPS connectivity.
- Great presentation and written communication skills in English
- Creative problem solver with a passion for early stage startups, with entrepreneurial mindset and passion with excellent project management and organizational skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Harness the power of our diverse global network, as you continue to collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time