Incubation and Startup Engagement Manager
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion (MO) is a pioneering technology leader, driving innovation in motion industries. We keep the world turning, while saving energy every day. Our motors and drives are an integral part of everyone's lives, writing the future of smart motion.
You will be working as Incubation and Startup Engagement Manager and will be reporting directly to the Head of Business Development and functionally to the Head of Technology of Motion Business. You will be responsible for collecting requirements and interests within MO’s business lines and ensuring access to and/or trigger MO’s visibility to the global start up scene together with internal and external partners.
- Single point of contact for anyone with a significant business idea within or even beyond our current scope.
- Collecting and selecting the best business opportunities and enabling its scale up, as well as follow up on progress and funding.
- Understanding and collecting the requirements of the business lines and communicating those towards the startup ecosystem.
- Attracting interesting startups by building the MO branding towards startup scene, presence in right fairs or conventions and collaborating with 3rd parties for increasing MO’s reach and recognition in the startup scene.
- Ensuring regular communication to our key stakeholders, supporting the business, following up and supporting for scale up or ramp down of startup collaborations.
- Collecting and supporting the selection of “big bets” out of incoming idea flow in collaboration with the Business Line Business Development managers.
- Preparing most promising potential “big bets” for decision making by Motions Leadership team and following up on declined and approved projects.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor/Master or equivalent in Engineering, Marketing, Economics, Strategy, technical understanding a must.
- 5-10 years of experience managing startups and realization of collaborations from scouting down to proof of concept.
- Strong network within the industrial startup scene, network within Motion business a plus.
- Ability to convince and drive change across senior management throughout the organization and functions.
- Strong business background, preferred knowledge of B2B industry markets with multi-channel approach.
- Multi-stakeholder management, negotiator and should possess intercultural experience.
- Excellent communication in English is a must.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
HQ Talent Acquisition Team
ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.