Product Group Continuous Improvement Manager
Aleksandrow Lodzki, Łódzkie, Poland
- Job type
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motion deliver a complete range of drives, motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
You will be working as Division Group Continuous Improvement Manager in IEC Low Voltage Motor Division which is a part of ABB Motion Business Area and will be reporting to the Division Operations Manager. In this role, you will be accountable for driving a change in mind set on continual improvement within the Division team to deliver a step change in performance across all KPIs in IEC Low Voltage Motor organization.
- Driving implementation of global improvement initiatives.
- Owning and facilitating the completion of all performance measurement and reporting for operations globally.
- Supporting the plant Continuous Improvement (CI) organizations for achieving committed targets on OpEx and Lean maturity.
- Leading the PG CI community and assuring that global best practices are implemented in the plants.
- Driving global implementation of Lean fundamentals such Kaizen, 5s, Gemba and standard work in plants.
- Implementing group, business area and division common processes within the CI area, taking active role in the CI community along with sharing, recognizing and implementing best practices.
- Developing and implementing common PG specific processes within the CI area as needed.
- Driving and supporting Lean Six Sigma (LSS) Green Belt (GB)/Black Belt (BB) community projects for improving standard processes.
- Taking active role in the CI community and sharing, recognizing and implementing best practices.
- Assuring that PG Operation matureness is reviewed and assessed according to agreed standards and intervals.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- BS/BA in Operations, Business, Engineering or related field, MBA preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in plant production experience, operations or advanced manufacturing engineering managing key leadership roles.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Toyota Production System or similar.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification is a must, Master Black Belt or Black Belt certification is preferred.
- Strategic thinking with the ability to develop, implement and document strategies.
- Ability to gather and analyze information skillfully, visualizing the result and develop alternative solutions.
- Must have outstanding communication skills, including executive presentation skills, able to inspire trust and quickly build credibility.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Talent Partner, ABB Asea Brown Boveri Ltd.
Let’s write the future. Together. www.abb.com/careers
We reserve the right to withdraw this posting at any time.